Monday, March 26, 2012

Progress

Best weekend ever! Well, almost. But when you finish a project you thought might never end, it can make for a good one.

I've finally gone through SARAH'S TURN. Now I get to print it out and read it through, hoping I don't find any major mistakes (especially with those scenes I added!). Once I've done that (and corrected what I need), I'll send it to my friend who will finally, FINALLY, have the book to read.

Yay!!!

I love the relief I feel when I've finished a project. I think that's my motivation to finish in the first place.

My husband will be teaching this Tuesday and Thursday. I hope that's all the time I need to read it through.

And another good reason for the best weekend ever – my husband put a bug into my head for an alien story. A story that's taking hold, too. We brainstormed on Saturday and Sunday and it was fun working out the details with him.

I had almost consigned myself with writing another ghost story. I even had the characters' names. But I really didn't want to start another series if I couldn't sell the first. The book will eventually get written, just not now.

So aliens it is. I just need to think of a title, first. How does TALL, DARK, AND ALIEN sound? Is it witty? Or too stupid?


6 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Way to go! Finishing a book definitely makes for an awesome weekend. Good job. =o)

Have fun with your alien story. I think Tall, Dark and Alien is a pretty good title.

DL Hammons said...

You already know my progress from last week! Can't wait to sit down and begin writing again!! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

BE - I hope I have fun with my alien story. I'm trying to think of a plot that doesn't require a lot of RESEARCH!! I prefer to make things up, but I gotta make it realistic, too.

DL - It'll be awhile before I can get down to writing - got another editing project to finish first. Just means I have a lot of time to think about my characters so when I am ready to write, I'll write!!

Thanks for stopping by!

The Happy Whisk said...

Bring on the Aliens ...

I'm not familiar with your genre enough to comment about the title. But I'm here on the side lines, cheering you on.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Whisk - I write romance with paranormal characters, so I try to reflect that in my title. I don't always succeed, but I do my best. Thanks for cheering!

The Happy Whisk said...

My bad. I should have explained that I mostly read kid fiction, so I would not know what a catchy title for paranormal romance would be.

I have not read anything from there or looked at other titles enough to be of any help.

:-(