Monday, March 19, 2012

What Month is This?

Saturday was a blur. No, I wasn't buried in my manuscript. I wasn't that lucky. Bills, taxes, and laundry kept me busy.

Sunday I was buried in my manuscript.

But even with all that, I was able to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we've been favored with. This is March, right?

On Saturday, my husband and I walked to Bob Evans for breakfast after dropping his car at Goodyear (his battery died and the car was due for an oil change). During our 1.2 mile walk, I felt like I was back in Santa Barbara. Beautiful blue sky, dry air (no hint of humidity), and 70 degrees.

On Sunday, it was warmer. We drove to dinner with the top down on his car.

I know this warm weather won't last. It's March in Ohio, it's not meant to. But I'll certainly enjoy as much of it as I can.

Oh – and my taxes? Filed. Took me until nearly midnight on Saturday, but I got federal, state, and local completed. Now I can relax and look forward to the Romantic Times convention without fear. And maybe finish editing SARAH'S TURN by Easter. That's my goal – it's been set.


5 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I am jealous. I wish our taxes were done. Maybe next week.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Crazy, huh? Feels like May! Maybe even June.

We got our taxes back from the accountant last week. We have to pay. :( But at least it's not very much!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I'm a good one at putting things off. I'm glad they're done, too!

Jennette - My accountant was H&R Block tax software. Last year was the first time I used it. Since I was claiming business expenses, I thought it was only fitting I get some help. It's still a pain, though!

dolorah said...

So good to have met some goals and feel caught up :)

....dhole

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - It does feel good. I wish that was motivation enough to finish the next goal! Sadly, it isn't. :(