Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Motivation

Writer conventions (or conferences) always get me invigorated to write. Not that I need much prodding in that department, but it does motivate me more. So, why is it after a convention I can’t seem to find any time to do what I’m so itching to do?

It never fails! I come home and laundry, mail, bills, whatever, are waiting for me. I feel like I need a week to recover from the few days I was gone. And of course, my project sits there, patiently waiting for my return.

Then again, it hasn't been all work that's kept me from writing. On Monday, my son and I watched "Bye Bye Birdie" (he'd never seen it and the movie was in my stack of "to be watched"). Then last night my daughter and I went to the theatre ($5 Tuesdays) to see "Cabin in the Woods" (Is there such a thing as Comedy-Horror? Or would that be Horror-Comedy? Or maybe I should just say Joss Whedon! Yeah, I liked the movie).

Then there's my reading. I so desperately want to read "Lover Reborn" but I don't DARE start it until after I finish with my edits. Those Black Dagger Brotherhood books caused me all sorts of problems during the first draft, I don't need it to interfere with the editing, too. And how did they interfere? Well, let's just say I became consumed by those stories. So I'll consider reading the next book a reward when I finish my edits. Now if that's not motivation, I don't know what is!


3 comments:

Kimber Leszczuk. said...

I totally want to see "Cabin in the Woods". I am going to go as soon as possible!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Kimber, My daughter saw it on Friday the 13th and had no problem seeing it again on Tuesday. But then, she's a HUGE Joss Whedon fan and a little biased. Still, I enjoyed the movie, too!

Maria Zannini said...

I like to reward myself with a book too when I get my 'chores' done. :)