Sunday, April 29, 2012

Page 77, Line 7, Next 7 Lines

I've sort of been tagged for this (Jennette Marie Powell listed my blog in her April 5th blog). Taking my current WIP, I'm to go to page 77 (I'm using GHOSTLY LIAISON because I'm only on page 5 of ALIEN DESIRES), find line 7 and then post the next 7 lines (or sentences or paragraphs). Now, if it's the lucky SEVEN meme, why not go to page 7. Just saying...

Anyway, I'm using lines as they showed up on my word document (just in case you wonder why there are more than seven here).

            She would never be okay. "I'm fine. But I'm not in the mood to pick colors right now. Do you mind taking me home?"

            "No, of course not. Let me make sure he's left, though. I'll be right back."

            While Rob was gone, she pulled nearly every paint sample from the display. Maybe she should brace her insanity and let Charlie pick the color. Better than dwelling on her friend's death.

* * *

            Rob pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine. This was not the way he had envisioned the day. He pictured having dinner with her. Laughing with her. Kissing her.

I'm never sure what posting these little tidbits are supposed to do. Go to page 66, 77, 99. Why? Is it just a way to get you to post SOMETHING? Oh well... Hopefully you enjoyed this, even though I'm sure you don't know what's going on. How could you? It's only 7 lines!

2 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your sure-to-be-awesome WIP! Plenty of conflict in those seven lines - that's what I like to see!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jennette! I was surprised what I got, too!