Monday, April 30, 2012

Perspective

About five years ago I played softball. My position was catcher. Now, it had been years (30) since I had played, but I knew how the game was played. And I loved to play. Besides, I worked out. Or so I thought.

Needless to say, the day after the first game, I could barely walk. Getting in and out of the car was torturous and I had to use my hands to lift my legs inside.

My husband laughed at me.

Fast forward to this past weekend.

My husband walked 12 miles on Sunday (that's not a typo). When he returned from his walk, we went to dinner. After dinner, we went back to the truck. He struggled to get into the vehicle, using his hand to lift his leg, then grabbing onto the steering wheel to haul his ass into the truck.

I laughed at him.

Guess it's all in the perspective.

Or…payback's a bitch!


4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

This has played out at my house numerous times.

Kimber Leszczuk. said...

LOL - this happens anytime I attempt to exercise. I need to get past it though. We are going on vacation this summmer and I need to get into better shape to be able to walk around the theme parks we are planning to visit!

LD Masterson said...

I try not to laugh when my beloved spouse overdoes it. I know it's my turn next.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - This was the first time I could actually get him back.

Kimber - Your vacation sounds like fun. Yeah, getting in shape for that might be advisable.

Linda - I wouldn't have laughed if he wasn't making faces (on purpose, mind you). Besides, he started it!