Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Third Place

What do you know? I came in THIRD on one of the brackets games I entered. It’s a shocker, I’ll tell you that. No big money (only $14), but that’s not why I played. I just wanted to see if my guesses were better than everyone else’s. Came pretty darn close. Only two others guessed better than me (one of those two  happens to be my husband – he always seems to beat me!).

Granted, I wouldn’t have cared if I came in last if OSU was in the final game, though. I was rooting for them all the way (even though I had Kentucky win in my bracket). Almost didn’t want to watch the game last night because of their loss, but decided to turn it on at the last minute. I just muted the sound (the announcers are kind of annoying) so I could edit. Yep, that’s right – I multi-tasked!

I didn’t stay up to watch the end, though. Those games start too darn late. Yeah, I know why they start late, doesn’t mean I gotta like it.

This Friday we attend our first Dragons game of the season. So far it looks like it might be a decent night out for April (clear and a bit cool). I still have hockey on the brain (the Penguins are in the playoffs!), but I enjoy baseball, too. I hope the Dragons have a good season.


4 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I can get a lot for 14 bucks, so to me, that's a pretty good win.

Twelve 4packs of that soap, and still have change.

Woohoo, to you on the win.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Whisk - That's a lot of soap. :)

Erin Kane Spock said...

You said Dragons and my mind jumped to D&D. :)
Just stopping by, haven't been here in a bit.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hahahahahaha.