Monday, January 14, 2013

Double Feature Sunday


Disgusted with the teams remaining in the NFL playoffs, I'm switching over to hockey (Yay! It's back!). First game is on NBC this Saturday and it's the Penguins! Oh yeah, they're playing the Flyers. So happy!!!

On Sunday I went and saw two movies. One, I mentioned here before. "Silver Linings Playbook" is finally playing around here and my daughter and I were able to attend. Pat's reaction when he finished reading Ernest Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms" was the best reaction I've ever seen! My daughter calls this movie "A Keeper" and I might have to agree with her. I laughed; I teared up. I really enjoyed it.

After that movie, I came home, picked up the husband, went to dinner, then headed to another theater to go see the movie HE wanted to watch: "Django." I have to say, I wasn't exactly interested in seeing this movie. The trailers just didn't do anything for me. But he heard good things about the movie and wanted to go, so I went. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised. Yeah, it's a bit (a lot) on the violent side (and that last scene was way over the top), but the movie was really entertaining. Never would have expected that with Quentin Tarantino!

Had a lovely time at our friend's house on Saturday, making up for the New Year's Eve party we couldn't make (due to the icy weather). Had a great meal and played Phase 10. I really like that game (even if I do lose all the time!). If you've never played it, you're missing a good time.

So, with all that activity over the weekend, my writing kind of suffered. Ah, but that's okay. That's what I have the week to do, right? I'd like to say I'll get my editing/revising done this week, but I won't. Say, that is. I realized I cannot rush through this project (no matter how much I want to finish). So I'm not. It'll be done when it's done (apparently). But man, I am itching to get back to Book 5. Hopefully, that one won't take as long to edit/revise. It'd be nice if I could work on two projects at once, but I'm discovering that just isn't in me (at least, not yet). I envy those who can.

Here's to a good week (in whatever it is you do)!

 

10 comments:

Michael Seese said...

I've heard that DiCaprio's portrayal of the villain is spectacular.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Sometimes, you have to put the writing aside and just experience life - even if it's just watching movies! I can't work on more than one project at once, either. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :)

DL Hammons said...

I really want to see both of those. I haven't pulled a double-header in forever (I actually used to do triple-headers), so maybe this coming weekend! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - Yeah, Leo was pretty good, but I wouldn't call him the villain so much than a slave owner. There is someone worse, and a surprise at that.

Jennette - Glad it's not just me, then (the one project at a time thing, that is). And it was a fun weekend.

DL - Do it!! It's fun.

Sandra Cox said...

Someone else recommended Silver Lining to me today. I'm going to have to see it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Sandra - I hope you do. I really enjoyed it.

LD Masterson said...

So many movies out right now that I want to see.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - What's stopping you?

The Happy Whisk said...

With the Steelers out that bugs Hubby.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I'm so bummed with the teams remaining, I'm not sure I'll even watch the Super Bowl!