Friday, January 4, 2013

Five Star Reads of 2012


I went through Goodreads and found those books I rated 5 stars in 2012. These are listed in the order I read them (the number designates which book it was during the year):

1. "The Black Dagger Brotherhood, An Insider's Guide" by J.R. Ward*
2. "11/22/63" by Stephen King
5. "Envy" by J.R. Ward
17. "Wanted: Undead or Alive" by Kerrelyn Sparks
20. "Under a Vampire Moon" by Lynsay Sands
21. "One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich@
22. "Two for the Dough" by Janet Evanovich
24. "When You Dare" by Lori Foster^@
25. "Trace of Fever" by Lori Foster ^
28. "A Perfect Storm" by Lori Foster
31. "Vampire Academy" by Richelle Mead*@
32. "Lover Reborn" by J.R. Ward*
33. "Frostbite" by Richelle Mead*
37. "Ransom River" by Meg Gardiner
38. "Hit List" by Laurell K. Hamilton
43. "Shadow Kiss" by Richelle Mead*
44. "The Lady is a Vamp" by Lynsay Sands
45. "Blood Promise" by Richelle Mead*
46. "Spirit Bound" by Richelle Mead*
47. "Last Sacrifice" by Richelle Mead*
49. "Long Hard Ride" by Lorelei James^@
53. "Behind the Red Door" by Jackie Barbosa^@
59. "Last to Die" by Tess Gerritsen
60. "Second Grave on the Left" by Darynda Jones
61. "Third Grave Dead Ahead" by Darynda Jones
62. "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles^@
64. "Redemption" by Susannah Sandlin@
66. "Sex and the Single Therapist" by Marcia James@
67. "Charmed and Dangerous" by Toni McGee Causey
68. "Girls Just Wanna Have Guns" by Toni McGee Causey
69. "When a Man Loves a Weapon" by Toni McGee Cauey
70. "Seducing the Vampire" by Michele Hauf^
78. "Ghost Walk" by Heather Graham^
80. "Deliver Me From Darkness" by Tes Hilaire^@
82. "Wild About You" by Kerrelyn Sparks*
86. "Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet" by Darynda Jones

*=borrowed
^=freebie
@=first book I read by this author

So…36 books out of 86 were 5 star reads for me. Out of these 36, nine were borrowed from my daughter and eight were given to me at a conference.

There are nine new authors in this list, too: five from the conference freebies, one from my daughter, the rest purchased.

At first I was kind of surprised how many 5 stars I gave out, but then when I really looked at the list, it became clear. I follow most of these authors now. I also follow a lot of authors I give 4 stars to, but those books tend to be read later. I read my 5 star authors as soon as I can get my hands on their book!

So, did I read any of your favorites?

 

2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Holy cupcakes, Batman. That's a lot of books. I haven't read any of those. But then I haven't read much fiction this year.

Happy More Reading in 2013 :-)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Ivy! I just love to read, what can I say?