Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Back to Work for Me!

Okay, the Olympics are done. The weather is getting warmer…uh, no it’s not. Rats! Anyway, things will go back to normal now. That means going back to the gym. I plan on going four times this week. Let’s see if I can do it! Someone want to kick my butt out the door? I might need it.

It also means working on a project. I have too many unpolished manuscripts, so my next project is fixing up GHOSTLY LIAISON (my fourth book). Doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about what my next book will be, though. Will I continue with my vampires or write another ghost one? It’s a decision I don’t need to make right away, at least.

After I polish GHOSTLY LIAISON, I am going to attempt a novella. I basically have a lot of it written. My second book, SARAH’S TURN, is pretty much junk (the events are no longer relevant as it used to be the sequel to BITE ME, I’M YOURS), but there is this nice wedding in it and some funny scenes I’d love to use. I’m excited about going through SARAH’S TURN and see what’s salvageable. I haven’t decided whether or not I want to keep the title. We’ll see…

Hopefully by then my daughter will have told me whether or not BLIND TEMPTATION is a hit or miss. Hopefully it’s a hit and I can work at beefing it up. If it’s a miss, well…then I’ll have to go back to the drawing board on that one and see where I went wrong. Right now it feels like a hit, but I’ve been known to be wrong before (like I did with SARAH’S TURN).

I think I have enough projects to look forward to. Of course, all that can get out of whack if I get a contract for BITE ME. Heck, I HOPE it all gets out of whack!! I’ll keep you posted.

So…who else is going to get hit with another polar blast? I think the temps drop down into the single digits on Wednesday. Ugh!!! In two weeks I’ll be in Santa Barbara (visiting my parents). I can’t wait for some warmer weather.  

Stacy

 

10 comments:

JeffO said...

Yeah, after a couple of days pushing 40, we'll be in the teens later this week, with overnight lows around 0. Bleah.

It certainly sounds like you've got plenty on your plate--good luck with all your projects!

Maria Zannini said...

With the weather you guys have been having, we may not get you back from Santa Barbara. Not that I blame you! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I always seem to have a lot on my plate, but this time I managed to arrange it a little better!

Maria - If I thought I could live there as cheaply, you're more right than wrong!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Haha, back to work here, too! Olympics did take a bite out of my writing time. Not looking forward to more freezing, ugh!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - It's amazing how one event can totally monopolize your time, huh? Now I'm going through withdrawals! Haha!! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Don't throw anything at me, but I was really hoping that yesterday, we would have gotten a nice good Sunday snowstorm.

But nothing.

Congrats on your new exercise goal. Woohoo. I'll be here to cheer you along the way.

Sandra Cox said...

Wow, sounds like you've got plenty of projects to choose from...that's a good thing;)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - You might get your wish this week!

Sandra - Seems I always have lots of projects! And then I write another book! Haha!

Anne Gallagher said...

We got teased with 70's this past weekend, and now it's back down to 40. I just want to turn my heat off and open the windows. Although the blast might not be polar this time, we're supposed to be cold again. I want to wear shorts, although I could probably go to the gym before I do. lol

Stacy McKitrick said...

Anne - I look forward to the day I can open the windows, too. This place needs some fresh air!