Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday Reads and a Finished Project!!

Hurray, hurray, hurray! I finished the first draft of BLIND TEMPTATION. The wrap-up finally (FINALLY) came to me (it’s one thing to know the ending, another to wrap-up all those pesky plotlines). Less really is more! Now I’m reading it over one last time and today I will print it out and give to my daughter to read. I sure hope I didn’t write total crap. I mean, it’s a first draft, sure it’s crap, but hopefully the story is solid. That’s what I need to know. That’s what I’m hoping. Now I can relax. Now I can clean the house. Ugh. Now I can clean the house!!

Well, maybe I’ll get some more reading in, too. Anyway, here’s what I read during the week:

Feb 7: “Beautiful Redemption” by Kami Garcia and MargaretStohl. This is the fourth and final book of the Caster Chronicals, a YA paranormal. Blurb from cover: Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves. Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan’s return, vowing to do whatever it takes--even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect. Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series. I really enjoyed this series and the final book did it justice. I’m one happy reader. I gave this 5 stars on Goodreads.

After I clean the house (again--ugh, but I’ve got company coming Saturday, so it has to be done), I’m rewarding myself with finishing the first draft by watching a marathon of all five Twilight movies. What kind of reward do you give yourself when you finish a project?

Happy reading!

Stacy

 

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Big-time congrats, Stacy. I hope your daughter gives you good feedback.

I don't think I really celebrate the completion of a draft. I just know I usually push back from the desk with a profound sense of relief!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats on finishing! I don't usually do much to celebrate that - maybe a dinner out (which we do often enough anyway) or I buy a new computer game and let myself play for an evening.

The Happy Whisk said...

I seriously doubt that you wrote total crap. Congrats on all your hard work.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I do have that sense of relief. But I'm celebrating, too! :)

Jennette - Yeah, dinner out is nothing new for us, we do THAT all the time! But I don't watch as many movies now as I used to, so it'll be a treat (even if I have seen them before!).

Ivy - I don't know...I've been known to write crap before. Book #2 (which will never see the light of day) is proof! Haha!

Sandra Cox said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on finishing.
Though, Isn't it very hard when we look forward to housework.

LD Masterson said...

Congrats on finishing that first draft.

I celebrate by reading. I never have enough reading time when I'm immersed in a writing project.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Sandra - I NEVER look forward to housework. And I still haven't done any cleaning. I'm blaming the Olympics, now. Haha! :)

LD - Oh, I'm reading, too, between watching the Olympics. I seem to have this problem... :)