Friday, September 2, 2016

I'm at Dragon Con

Hey! I remembered to post something (almost forgot, though—whew!).

I was surprised when I checked into the hotel this time. We got free wifi! Whoo hoo!

Then I got surprised even more when we got to our room. It’s a big one! Whoo hoo #2!

Unofficial con started last night with some parties. Hubby wanted to check out the Bunny Hutch (lots of people dressed up as some kind of Playboy Bunny). It was supposed to be a contest, but by the time we left (about an hour later), they still were checking in the contestants. Sometimes I think I’m too old for that stuff anyway.

I would have liked for the Lip Sync Battle to be a little longer than it was. Scheduled for 4 hours, only two acts performed and it was over in 30 minutes!

Today is a full day. Some of the stuff I plan on seeing are Firefly guests (Alan Baldwin & Alan Tudyk), Buffy & Angel guests (Eliza Dushku, James Leary, & James Marsters), and Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. We watched the little film in the room yesterday (Hubby had never seen it), and tonight a cast acts it out while the film plays. Should be fun (more fun than that Bunny Hutch anyways!).

Hopefully I’ll start taking pictures today.

Hopefully.

Happy Friday!
 
Stacy

2 comments:

JeffO said...

Dr. Horrible was quite fun--my daughter and her friend shared it with me a few years ago.

Four hours of lip-sync battles??? No, thanks!

Have a great time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Well... we wouldn't have stayed there for 4 hours, but I did expect more than two acts! :)