Friday, December 16, 2016

Cruising Update

Wednesday I had hoped to take lots of pictures at Mahogany Bay (Roatan). We arrived to the island while a nice, heavy, rainstorm decided to hover around. It didn’t keep us from going on our excursion, but sure made taking pictures hard.

Luckily, it did not rain while we were at Gumbalimba Park, where we got our pictures taken with parrots and capuchin monkeys. Well… Hubby got his picture with the monkey, I felt I was brave enough to have the parrot on my arm. But it rained a couple of times during our stay at the beach, which was a much busier beach than we expected.

Yesterday we docked in Belize. I was able to get lots of pictures, so be prepared when I get back home and I’m able to upload pictures easier. This was our second trip to this country. Last time we enjoyed the cave tubing. This year we picked a trip to a Mayan ruin. I actually climbed the tallest one, too. 136 feet. Whew. What a trek.

We’ve been taking advantage of seeing some movies on the ship. They usually show one or two on the Lido deck’s big screen, so you watch the movie under the stars. We saw “Suicide Squad” on Wednesday night and were looking forward to finally watching “Star Trek Beyond” last night. Guess we’ll still look forward to seeing that movie. Must have been a mix-up or something, but they showed a different movie instead. Bummer!

Today we’re in Cozumel. Don’t know how many pictures I’ll get. We’ll be riding in a speed boat and dune buggy (called Surf and Turf). Looks to be lots of fun!

So… What’s with the strange colors on last night’s football game? Seattle looked like lime popsicles and the Rams’ helmets just looked…weird. I like my gold. Give me my gold! I was able to catch the last minutes of the game (due to the movie mix-up). Wish I could say I enjoyed it, though. Maybe the Rams will be better next year. At least they aren’t as bad as the Browns! J

Have a great Friday!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those were some neon green uniforms! They were calling them Seahighlighters.
Sounds like you are having an awesome time. Hope you get to see Star Trek Beyond soon.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Shhh... Don't tell Hubby, but he's getting the DVD for Christmas. We'll be able to see that movie SOON!! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Those uniforms on the Seahawks were hideous!

Glad you're enjoying the cruise, and looking forward to seeing pics!

The Happy Whisk said...

I didn't see the game but I don't watch even when it's our local stuff.

JeffO said...

Glad you're enjoying yourselves--a rain in December in the Gulf of Mexico is a heck of a lot different that rain in December in Ohio, isn't it? Have fun!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - They were hideous, weren't they?

Ivy - You don't even watch the Steelers???

Jeff - Yes, a warm rain is SOOOOOO much nicer than a cold rain. And it rained in Dayton, too. Freezing rain. So glad I missed that!

The Happy Whisk said...

No, I listen to the homers on the radio that Tim has on and sometimes he catches the game online but we don't have cable. Plus, I'm usually cleaning, baking or something like that when the game is on.