Monday, December 26, 2016

Pictures from Ohio Lantern Festival and I’m FINISHED!!!

I really didn’t think this day would ever come. I finally finished the revisions to Ghostly Interlude. What a relief. One more read through and then I give the story to my daughter to make sure I didn’t write crap.

Because sometimes I wonder…

And then after she gives me the go ahead, I will send it to my editor and cross my fingers Kensington wants the book (because I really don’t want to self-publish the book if I don’t have to—I like my editor!).

And to show you how much meat I added to the book, the first draft came in at 79,763 words and now it’s at 109,601. Yep. Added LOTS of meat.

On Friday the family (and friends) went to the Ohio Chinese Lantern Festival in Columbus, Ohio. It was cold. It even rained a bit, but overall… it was AWESOME! I took so many pictures, but even they don’t really capture how wonderful it was. This was the first year for the festival. If they do it next year, we’ll be sure to return. Maybe on a night when it’s NOT raining.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I took.















 

Here's a close up shot of the dragon. The little bottles are filled with colored liquid!
 
















I took some pictures of the whole thing, but the white light kind of washed out the detail.


 

So… How was your Christmas? Get lots of presents? I loved spending it with my family and then watching the Steelers squeak by the Ravens. Man, was that game stressful or what? Well… I guess it was only stressful if you’re a fan of either team; otherwise you wouldn’t care. Right?

Happy Monday!
 
Stacy

4 comments:

JeffO said...

Congratulations on finishing--that's awesome! Great pics, too. Very cool stuff.

Nice Christmas here. Nice presents, good food, great company. Enjoy your week!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Very cool

Happy Monday to you too :)

Maria Zannini said...

Gorgeous!

This was one of the best Christmases I ever had. Quiet. I spent all day with my favorite guy and we watched movies and ate leftover prime rib. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh, these pictures are fantastic fun. Thanks for sharing them.