Friday, December 23, 2016

Pictures of My Cruise

As promised, I'm posting some pictures I took on the cruise. Hubby has lots more, but I didn't get copies of those (like the ones of him with the capuchin monkeys or the one of us with the parrots). Man, it's hard enough to remember to download my own cameras, you expect me to remind him to do the same? Hahahahaha!

But before I get to the pictures, I just want to tell you all-----I caught the mouse! Yeah, I probably have more than the one, so the traps are still out (just in case). But I'd like to think it was just one lost, bold mouse that managed to get inside our house.

Now, without further news...PICTURES! Remember, you can enlarge the photo if you click on it.

We set sail from New Orleans and this is a shot of the French Quarter. Ever been? We weren't able to sight-see this time around, but we've been to the city a few times. Would have loved to have gotten a beignet (those things are soooo good) or visited Mother's (they have some really yummy food there). Maybe next time!

The Gumbalimba Park in Roatan had a bug exhibit (part of our tour). I couldn't resist taking this picture (you  know, since I write about vampires and all!).

Here are some of the parrots (yes, they are free to fly around--don't know what the cages are for) at the Gumbalimba Park in Roatan.

Here's a closer view of one of the Scarlet parrots. A similar one was perched on my arm for a photo op, but that picture is on my husband's iPhone. Honest!

Believe it or not, these are Honduras bunnies. They look more like rodents to me. The capuchin monkeys were also at this park, but those pictures are on Hubby's iPhone. They're free to roam wherever they want, but the food keeps them in the park.

A shot of Tabyana Beach in Roatan just before the sky opened up and dropped a bunch of liquid sunshine on our heads.

Another shot of the beach. It was a pretty dreary day, but hey, a LOT warmer than it was at home, so I wasn't complaining ALL that much!

Back at Mahogany Bay (Roatan). Our ship (Dream) is on the right. Would you believe we've been on that other ship (Splendor)? We took it on a cruise to New England/Canada last year out of NYC.

Here's a nice wide shot of Mahogany Beach in Roatan. As you can tell, I took it at the end of the pier. This was a nice little beach. A lot better than Tabyana. At least I thought so.

While walking back to the ship, we spotted this little guy (a crab in case you can't tell). Wildlife is everywhere!

This is Hubby and me in Belize at the Xunantunich ruins.

Ground level of one of the plazas.

This is the Castillo. Our goal? Climbing to the top.

This is taken from the top of the first set of stairs. Little did I know that that would have been the EASY part! 

A little bit higher. Going up steps without a handrail was quite an adventure. I had more adventures in store for me, too.

Getting higher, but still, only about half-way up.

Walking around to the side gave us a surprise.

It's all in Mayan writing (something about the village, I think) and it's not the original (I would have been super-impressed if it had been). The original is protected behind the restoration. Oh, and see those steps on the right. Yep, we're going up there, too! Okay, I might have crawled up them.

Ahhh.... Reached the top (I really had to catch my breath--partly because of my heart, I'm sure). This is the view from the back side of the Castillo. Guatemala is located over to the right, about a mile away.

And here's a picture from the front. That plaza below is where we started.

I had no problem looking down. Hubby on the other hand... Yeah, his fear of heights kind of kicked in a little. But he climbed up there with me.


Selfie with Hubby. This is us dressed for the buggy ride in Cozumel.

This is us in the buggy. Neat little ride! Unfortunately I didn't get any shots of us in the speed boats. I didn't want to get my camera or phone wet, you know? And we were too cheap to pay the $50 for the shot they took of us ($50? Really? Yes, really. Talk about gouging!).

On our sea day back to New Orleans, you can see I was actually working on my revisions. Had a nice spot all picked out, and the servers kept refilling my coffee cup. It was great!

The next set of pictures are more seasonal in nature. Every time I saw a Christmas tree, I took a picture.

This tree was in Roatan.

This tree was on our ship.

This tree was in Cozumel (I couldn't stand back far enough to get the whole thing!)

Some of the crew on the Dream had fun making a gingerbread village, even though none of the buildings are made of gingerbread (more like cardboard). The frosting probably wasn't edible, either. Still, I thought they did a pretty impressive job.




That's it for the pictures. Hope you enjoyed them.

As I'm writing this post, it's still Thursday morning. Wanted to make sure this post got scheduled because Hubby, Daughter, and I are going (went) to see the Penguins play the Blue Jackets in Columbus at 7pm (meaning I'd get home late). I'll let you know in the comments how that went. Hopefully GOOD!!

Tonight the family will be going to Columbus (again) to see the Ohio Lantern Festival. If I get any pictures, I'll be sure to share those. It looks to be an impressive event. I just hope I don't freeze my tookus! Although, it's supposed to be a little bit warmer, if you call 30s warm.

So... Are you staying home or visiting family/friends this weekend? We open presents at home with the kids Christmas morning, then we'll all drive to Columbus (yet again) to our friend's house for dinner (and Steelers game). You'd think with all the trips we make to Columbus we ought to live there. Maybe someday we will. It's certainly possible.

Merry Christmas!


Stacy

11 comments:

JeffO said...

Considering that Columbus takes up half of Ohio, you probably don't have far to drive! (Ha ha. That's my impression of my one trip to Ohio--Columbus seems to take up a lot of space). Nice pictures--that's a lot of stairs to climb! Enjoy your Christmas, Stacy!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for the photo treat. Those bunnies look like miniature capybaras. (They're all rodents.) The stairs look like great exercise. And sorry the Penguins stunk for you last night! They've been playing so well...
Merry Christmas!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Columbus isn't THAT big! Haha! But it does take a bit to drive from one end to the other, and of course our friend lives on the other side of the city (gotta drive through it!).

Alex - That game was awful (but our seats were so awesome)! I have yet to watch the Penguins win. I'm starting to get a complex. :P

The Happy Whisk said...

Great pictures. I love the masked one the best and yeppers, to more than one mouse. But I like your idea of only one. That would be a treat.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Merry Christmas :)

LD Masterson said...

Great pictures. We're big fans of cruises. Sorry about the game, just not their night. Have a wonderful weekend. Be safe running back and forth to Columbus.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - You like the masked one because it covers up most of my face? Hahahaha! :)

Mac - Merry Christmas to you, too!

Linda - So glad it's not supposed to snow this weekend. Makes driving so much easier!

Maria Zannini said...

It sounds as if you packed a lot in for such a short period of time. I climbed one of the pyramids once. It was cool to touch so much history.

Merry Christmas!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Some tours do pack in a lot. Most are fun. We've only had a couple of duds.

Jennifer Lee Rossman said...

Clearly the cages are where they put naughty humans so the birds may mock them.

Tanja said...

Thx for the pics. I too seem to take over abundance of Christmas trees pics. It looks like u had a great time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!