Wednesday, June 7, 2017

No Wednesday Reads But I Saw Wonder Woman

Gosh, with the way I’ve been reading lately, I didn’t think this day would happen. But it has. I haven’t finished a book in the past week. I am reading one, but I just haven’t had the time. Too much other crap is going on and, sadly, it’s not writing. Oh well…

I did get to the theatre yesterday (Tuesday Discount Day) and saw “Wonder Woman.” I liked that movie a lot. Lots of kick-ass women. Some humor. Lots of action. Very entertaining. Can’t ask for more than that, really. I was disappointed that there wasn’t any kind of little ending after the credits. Hasn’t DC learned ANYTHING from Marvel? Haha!

I still haven’t downloaded the pictures I took at Mammoth Cave & the Corvette Museum from my phone and camera yet. Maybe by Friday? Oh wait. Game 5 is Thursday night. Maybe not. I’ll be lucky if I even remember to post something. This Stanley Cup Final is getting me awfully nervous.

The Penguins just haven’t been playing that good and it’s sooooo frustrating to watch! And why Sullivan didn’t take Murray out and put Fleury in for the 3rd period in that last game is unbelievable. He wouldn’t have hesitated (wait, he didn’t hesitate) to pull Fleury. I just don’t get it!

I’m almost afraid to watch the game on Thursday.

I said almost.

So… Have you seen or plan to see “Wonder Woman”? I’m thinking I need to watch “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” now. That’s right. I haven’t seen that movie yet. Got the DVD added to my wish list, though.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd looked online and knew there was no second ending. DC just doesn't do that. And watch Batman v Superman! It's a bit heavy and long, but still a great movie.
Not sure I'll make it through these finals either...

Maria Zannini said...

I think I'll probably wait for it to get to Netflix/Amazon.

I've never been fond of DC's superheroes and I'm always suspect when people gush over a movie. Not that you have, but other reviewers were almost embarrassing with their praise.

They were the same way with the relaunch of Star Wars, and that was a yawner for me.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - It's gonna be a gut-wrenching series, that's for sure.

Maria - Don't have Netflix or Amazon, but there's something about seeing a movie in the theatre. Except for the mess the patrons leave behind. It's like they weren't taught not to throw their food on the floor. Ugh.

JeffO said...

Haven't seen it, but might at some point. I'm glad you enjoyed it!