Friday, June 23, 2017

Pictures from Albany Trip!!

Wow! I did it. I actually downloaded my pictures in a timely manner. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Our first day in Albany was actually spent in Bennington, VT. We were told there was a great place to eat (there was) and while there we did a little site-seeing.

One thing that was basically hard to miss, was the Bennington Battle Monument. We got there too late to climb to the top, but it sure is impressive on the outside. If we had known they closed at 5, we probably would have eaten after seeing it (instead of before).

Bennington is home to three covered bridges. They basically all look the same, though. But they're labeled, so you can see there are three of them.



As I said Wednesday, it rained on Monday, so we didn't do much (but go out to eat). Tuesday Hubby got finished early, so we drove up the interstate to Cohoes to check out the falls. You'd think the park would be impressive with this sign. You'd think wrong. Haha!

This is the view from the Overland Park. Of course, I zoomed in a bit because I didn't know there was another (better) park.

This is the Overland Park. Yeah, not much there.

We then went to the Falls View Park. A much better park (although I failed to take pictures of that park--dumb me!

We were able to walk down closer to river level, so the view of the falls was much improved. The walkways were pretty nice, too.



Of course, once we walked down, we had to walk back up! Hubby counted 85 steps. Ah, we walked up more steps at Mammoth Caves. Still was a trek for me, though. **puff puff**

Couldn't resist taking a picture of the wild daisies (at least they looked liked daisies).

Anyway, that concludes my pictures. Hope you enjoyed them.

On Wednesday, I posted the link to a short story I started on the Alpha Heroes blog. If you missed that, you can find it HERE. The second installment has also been posted. If you're interested in how another author continued it, you can read it HERE. Took me by surprise, that's for sure.

I'm on my way to Raleigh, NC today. Daughter will play Footy on Saturday. Not exactly sure what teams are showing up. Guess I'll find out when we get there. Oh, and we decided to just take my car on this trip. Hubby wants to wait until he's put a few local miles on the RAV4 until we take it on a longer trip. We'll definitely be taking the RAV4 to Ft. Lauderdale when we drive down for our cruise, though. That's several months away.

So... Do you like babying new cars or is that just my husband? I think nowadays cars don't need babying, but hey, what do I know? Nothing when it comes to cars, apparently.

Happy Friday!

Stacy





4 comments:

JeffO said...

That one park looks like it's in need of a few more $$ on the maintenance budget. If the Bennington battle monument is at all like the Bunker Hill Memorial (and it looks almost exactly like it), then be glad you got there when it was closed, especially if those 85 steps from the park had you huffing and puffing.
I can remember they used to tell you not to push the new cars over 55 mph for the first few hundred miles (the 'break in' period). Was never sure if that was real or just some sort of urban myth. Have a great weekend in NC!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - If the monument was open, I would have climbed the steps. I might have been wheezing before getting to the top, but I would have climbed them. I need more cardio! Haha!

Maria Zannini said...

My husband always babies the new car. He never drives it hard until after he's had it for a while. Something about breaking in the new engine--I guess to make sure everything inside is well lubricated. It might not be the case today with the newer cars though.

Who knows?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I think they just want to baby it, period. :)