Because I adjusted my reading goal last year, I decided to keep the number low this year. 65 seems like a good enough number. One that won't stress me out since I hope to reach it well before Dec 31st. Guess we'll find out, though, huh?
FYI: Year in parenthesis is the year of copyright.
Here's what I've read in 2017:
1. "The Surrender Gate" by Christopher Rice (2015). 247 pages. Finished 1/4/17. Paranormal romance. First book in the Desire Exchange series. Slow start, but picked up once Marcus showed up (swoon). Paranormal elements not explained so much, but a good read.
2. "Wicked Ride" by Rebecca Zanetti (2015). 278 pages. Finished 1/11/17. Paranormal romance. First book in The Realm Enforcers. Kellach and Alexandra's story. Love those witches. Look forward to reading the rest of the series.
3. "Notorious" by Allison Brennan (2014). 401 pages. Finished 1/18/17. Mystery. First book in the Max Revere series. Reminds me of Veronica Mars. Very enjoyable.
4. Unable to say right now (2016). 217 pages. Finished 1/24/17.
5. "Rogue: Sons of Sangue" by Patricia A. Rasey (2016). 385 pages. Finished 1/26/17. Paranormal romance. Sons of Sangue #4. Anton and Kimber's story. I loved their scenes together and the scenes with Kimber and her friends. Sexy read!
6. Unable to say right now (2016). 176 pages. Finished 1/27/17.
7. Unable to say right now (2016). 213 pages. Finished 2/3/17.
8. "Full Blaze" by M.L. Buchman (2014). 317 pages. Finished 2/4/17. Romantic adventure/suspense. The Firehawks #3. Cal and Jeannie's story. You don't have to have read the others in this series to enjoy this wild adventure. Romance is pretty good, too.
9. Unable to say right now (2016). 274 pages. Finished 2/8/17.
10. "Eleventh Grave in Moonlight" by Darynda Jones (2017). 310 pages. Finished 2/11/17. Urban fantasy. #11 in the Charley Davidson series. Not fond of the cliff-hanger ending, but loved the book. So much fun to read. Can't wait until the next one.
11. Unable to say right now (2016). 217 pages. Finished 2/13/17.
12. Unable to say right now (2016). 282 pages. Finished 2/15/17.
13. "Bound by Moonlight" by Donna MacMeans (2008). 257 pages. Finished 2/20/17. Historical paranormal romance. #1 in the Bound By series. Loved the sexual tension and had a hard time putting this book down. Great romance.
14. Unable to say right now (2016). 224 pages (est--no page #s). Finished 2/21/17.
15. "Huntress Moon" by Alexandra Sokoloff (2012/2014). 364 pages. Finished 3/1/17. Thriller. The Huntress/FBI Thrillers Book 1. Nice page-turner, but story left unresolved. Then again, it is the beginning of a series.
16. "Bite Me" by Shelly Laurenston (2014). 375 pages. Finished 3/9/17. Paranormal romance. Book 9 of the Pride Series. Vic and Livy's story. Crazy-funny (wasn't expecting that). Having not read the other books in the series, I kind of got lost in the sea of characters. Still a good read.
17. "Hunt the Dawn" by Abbie Roads (2016). 329 pages. Finished 3/12/17. Romantic suspense (horror?). Fatal Dreams #2. Lathan and Evanee's story. Read this fast. Lots of dark and spooky stuff with a couple I wanted to be together.
18. "No One Left To Tell" by Karen Rose (2012). 518 pages. Finished 3/19/17. Romantic suspense. #13 in Romantic Suspense series, #2 in Baltimore series. Grayson and Paige's story. Lots of twists and turns in a monster of a book that spans only 5 days. Lovely romance, great suspense. Good read!
19. "Wolf Tales 9" by Kate Douglas (2010). 246 pages. Finished 3/23/17. Erotic paranormal romance. #9 in the Wolf Tales series. Mostly a recap of how previous couples met with LOTS of sex!
20. "How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days" by Kerrelyn Sparks (2017). 394 pages. Finished 3/29/17. Fantasy romance. First book in The Embraced series. Leo and Luciana's story. Magic and ghosts! Read like a historical, but not set in our world. Very enjoyable.
21. "The Education of Dixie Dupree" by Donna Everhart (2016). 299 pages. Finished 3/31/17. Fiction (a coming of age story). Dixie is a very interesting young girl, but this story contains dark and disturbing subject matter that might trigger some people.
22. "Thrown by a Curve" by Jaci Burton (2013). 329 pages. Finished 4/5/17. Erotic romance. #5 in the Play-by-Play series. Garrett and Alicia's story. Another hot and steamy read with a couple I enjoyed getting to know.
23. "Immortal Unchained" by Lynsay Sands (2017). 369 pages. Finished 4/7/17. Paranormal romance. #25 in the Argeneau Vampire series. Domitian and Sarita's story. Nice twist, a la The Island of Dr. Moreau. This series is still going strong. Love it.
24. "Make Them Pay" by Allison Brennan (2017). 390 pages. Finished 4/8/17. Suspense. #12 in the Lucy Kincaid series. I'm addicted to this series, no doubt about it. I love Lucy and Sean! Kane and Siobhan are pretty good, too.
25. "Trial Junkies" by Robert Gregory Browne (2012). 369 pages. Finished 4/10/17. Mystery/thriller. First book in the Trial Junkies series. If you like whodunnits where you don't have a hint of whodunit until the end, then you'll enjoy this book. I certainly did!
26. "Wicked Edge" by Rebecca Zanetti (2015). 249 pages. Finished 4/14/17. Paranormal romance. The Realm Enforces #2. Daire and CeeCee's story. Wickedly entertaining. I loved CeeCee. Oh yeah, Daire wasn't so bad, either (snicker, snicker).
27. "Wolf Tales 10" by Kate Douglas (2010). 277 pages. Finished 4/19/17. Erotic paranormal romance. #10 in the Wolf Tales series. Liana's story. Not my favorite, but still lots of hot, sexy scenes.
28. "Compulsion" by Allison Brennan (2015). 446 pages. Finished 4/22/17. Suspense/thriller. #2 in the Maxine Revere series. Titled appropriately. Every time I put the book down, I was compelled to pick it back up. Great read! I'm already loving this series.
29. "Raging Heat" by Richard Castle (2014). 290 pages. Finished 4/24/17. Mystery/suspense. #6 in the Nikki Heat series. I do love some of Rook's lines in this book. Had me laughing.
30. "The Black Lily" by Juliette Cross (2017). 237 pages. Finished 4/27/17. Paranormal/fantasy romance. Tales of the Black Lily #1. Marius and Arabelle's story. Love me some vampires!