Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meme Time

Got the following from a blog I follow, Tales from the Writing Front, which she got from another blog. Go ahead and copy the questions and post your answers on your own blog (or in the comments of this blog if you don't have your own). It’s allowed!

Writers Meme

What’s your favorite genre of writing? Paranormal Romance

How often do you get writer’s block? I don’t believe I’ve had it, yet. Hope I never do, either.

How do you fix it? I guess if I had it, I’d read to inspire me. That’s how I got to writing in the first place.

Do you type or write by hand? Type. I tried by hand, which is great if you don’t have a computer. But then I have to decipher what I wrote, and that’s not always easy!

Do you save everything you write? Yes.

Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it? I write all my ideas down. I’ll never know when I’ll want them.

Do you have a constructive critic? Yes, I think I finally found one and she’s great!

Did you ever write a novel? Yes. My first attempt, too.

What genre would you love to write but haven’t? Suspense and Horror/Thriller (not the gross kind, but scary). Maybe with practice I can get there.

What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will? Epic Fantasy. Can’t stand to read it, either.

How many writing projects are you working on right now? One. I do have the beginnings of a third, and the fourth plotted (sort of) – and I may switch them depending on whether or not my first book sells.

Do you write for a living? No.

Do you want to? Sure! But I’ll settle for supplemental income.

Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper? Nope.

Have you ever won an award for your writing? Nope (or should I say – NOT YET?).

Do you ever write based on your dreams? Not really, but I do play the scenes in my head when I’m in bed – does that count? I have to get up and write them down, though, or I’ll forget them.

Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers? Definitely happy endings. I don’t care for cliff-hangers, even though I’ve read books with them. I felt it was a cheap way for the author to get me to buy the next book. And I like to be happy when I read – not sad.

No comments: