Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Anyone out there doing NaNo this year? How’s it going for you?

(That would be National Novel Writing Month for those non-writers out there – where you write a book in one month.)

This is the second year I’ve heard of it. Last year I was deep into editing my first book and didn’t even want to think about writing 50,000+ words in one month (or in my case closer to 100,000 since that’s how long my books tend to be). This year I’m editing my second book and in the middle of writing my third, so I don’t want to put them aside to do NaNo.

But I wonder – whose great idea was it to have NaNo in November? That’s got to be the WORST month ever! January would have made so much more sense. Is anyone else in agreement with me on this?

It’s nice that it’s out there for those writers who need the encouragement or the competition. I feel fortunate that I do not need either. Maybe it’s because I’m still new to it all. Maybe someday I’ll need the help. But right now I’ll stick with what’s working.

3 comments:

Jessica Ann Hill said...

I'm not doing NaNo either. I've wanted to do it the past couple years, but it never works out - I agree, November is the worst month for something like that.

Happy writing!

DL Hammons said...

No NaNo for me...thank you. Not my style of writing. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone in this NaNo thing! Thanks for commenting.