Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Brand

I've been reading a lot about branding and tag lines. I write paranormal romance. My first three books are of vampires, but my latest is about a ghost. So what kind of brand would that make me? I nearly hurt my brain thinking about it and was about to give up when it hit me.

Paranormal romance in an everyday world.

That's what I write. Not just about vampires and ghosts. But vampires and ghosts in an everyday world, in real cities (for the most part), and they stay hidden. They live among the humans - and in the case of my vampires, they blend in - but are unknown, except to a few.

So... What do you think?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Makes sense. Those are the kind of stories I like to write too. The paranormal stuff happening right under our noses, so to speak.

So I give it a big thumbs up! :D

Anne Gallagher said...

Seems to fit you like a glove.

What do you think of mine -- Sexy Regency romance without the sex.

I have pros and cons, what 's your take?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Tracie - Yep, right under our noses. That's exactly what I think. Thanks for stopping by!

Anne - Maybe "Sexy Regency romance behind closed doors" - or something to that affect. 'Cause I'm assuming the characters HAVE sex, you just don't SHOW it, right? Just my opinion, anyway. Like I said, it took me awhile to come up with my own!