Friday, October 3, 2014

Busy Weekend

Oh Canada! Yep, that’s where I’m headed. My daughter’s Footy team (Columbus Jillaroos) is playing the Toronto Footy team on Saturday. So we’ll leave tonight, after our football game.

Because, yeah, we just don’t get enough sports!

We’ll probably freeze up there. Okay, maybe “freeze” is overkill. Still, with a high in the 50s when we enjoyed 80 degree weather yesterday, it will certainly feel like freezing. I’ll have to make sure to pack some blankets (as well as our passports—can’t forget those either!).

Writing Update: While I managed to reach my daily writing goal of 2000 words once this week (and yes, I jumped for joy at that), I’m well short of my weekly goal. Still, 5000+ words going into today isn’t too shabby. And I’ve started the pre-edit on Blind Temptation. What is pre-edit you ask? Pretty much removing filler/weak/telling words. It’s kind of nice to have that to fall back on when the writing stops (basically, when my brain says “Wait, I have to figure out what comes next.”). And let me tell you, I want this puppy clean. The cleaner it is, the less I’ll have to pay for an editor. And yes, I’m getting an editor. Won’t self-publish without one.

Convention News: I registered for the Romantic Times Convention (held May 12-17 in Dallas, TX) this week. Why am I going? Because my friend Jan bugged me to. This is what happened when I told her about this convention (and she just LOVED going to Lori Foster’s event). Oh well, it’s not like I don’t enjoy going. At least I have someone to help pay for the trip and room.

Something I didn’t do at the last RT Convention I will do at the next one: Make some appointments with agents (pitching my book, “Alien Desires”—which means I gotta clean that one up, too). Just curious if they could help my career. Certainly doesn’t hurt to talk to them, right?

Well… I’m looking forward to getting some reading done on the drive up north (oh, and the drive home, too). The Nook will certainly come in handy tonight, since it has a light (and that’s about the ONLY time you’ll hear me say something nice about an e-reader). What are you looking forward to this weekend? Hope it’s good!

Stacy

9 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Ha...had to google 'footy'

New to me...found hits...even a wikipedia artical.

Fun to learn everyday. ;O)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Mac - Oops. I keep forgetting to mention my daughter's Footy team is part of the US Australian Football League. :P

Nationals (their tournament--men & women teams) are being played in Dublin, OH this year. Last year we traveled to Austin to see it. It's fun to watch, but can be quite a bloody sport!

LD Masterson said...

Good luck to your daughter's team. And don't freeze.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - Now there's a command I don't mind following. Haha! :) We sure get wimpy after summer though, don't we? Well...okay, *I* get wimpy! :)

Michael Seese said...

Have a great time, eh?

JeffO said...

Have a great time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - Fer shure!

Jeff - Thanks.

The Happy Whisk said...

Seems like your blogging more these days, I like it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I know. It takes me to say I won't blog much for me to blog more! Go figure. haha!! :)