Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Reading Update and Blog Appearance

My friend, Jeanne, interviewed me over at Eight LadiesWriting. She also had some WONDERFUL things to say about Biting the Curse. Go check it out at: https://eightladieswriting.com/2020/01/14/jeanne-interview-with-stacy-mckitrick-2/

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #2

Dates read: January 6-11
Title: Where Winter Finds You
Year of publication: 2019
Author: J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series:  Black Dagger Brotherhood #17.5
# of Pages: 445
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book:. When Trez lost his beloved to a tragic death, his soul was crushed and his destiny relegated to suffering. But then he meets a mysterious female, and he is convinced his true love has been reincarnated. Is he right? Or has grief created a disastrous delusion?
    Therese has come to Caldwell to escape a rift with her bloodline. The revelation that she was adopted and not born into her family shakes the foundations of her identity, and she is determined to make it on her own. Her attraction to Trez is not what she’s looking for except the sexy Shadow proves to be irresistible.
    Has fate provided a grieving widower with a second chance … or is Trez too blinded by the past to see the present clearly? In this sensual, arresting story of redemption and self-discovery, two lost souls find themselves at a crossroads, where the heart may be the only compass that can be trusted …
My thoughts: Only J.R. Ward would call a 400+ book a novella. I would have said it’s a whole novel, and it’s a really good novel, too. I like how she corrected the huge mistake many readers claim she made in Trez’s first story (#13, The Shadows). I mean, you just don’t kill off the heroine! But she’s redeemed herself in this book. At least, for me. And I’m so happy for Trez!

I’m almost finished with the edits to Finding the Perfect Mate. Then it goes back to my editor to make sure I didn’t screw anything else up! After she gets another read and I fix it again (if there’s anything to fix), then it’s on to my copy editor (i.e. daughter). I may actually get this book ready before release day. Which is April 1st, in case you forgot. It’s on preorder now at a reduced price of $2.99 (after April 1 it goes up to $4.99). You can order it here:

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081TM9KC1

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/finding-the-perfect-mate-stacy-mckitrick/1135043124?ean=2940163189878

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/finding-the-perfect-mate

Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/finding-the-perfect-mate/id1488836101

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/992009

So … Have you set any reading goals this year? I set the bar low this year: 50. I read 57 books in both 2019 and 2018, so I figure it’s doable.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Two and a half months - you can do it!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Fun interview! I don't set reading goals, though I do keep track of what I read. Last year I think I only read 36 books, though normally it's in the 40-50 range.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Oh, and I preordered when you first put it up. So get those edits in! I'm sure you'll make it in with no problem.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I sure hope so!!

Jennette - Send the book back to my editor today. Whoo hoo!