Thursday, April 9, 2020

Reading Update and I'm Bummed

As I scheduled to post this, I discovered it was Wednesday night and not Tuesday night, thus this is posted a day later than I planned. My bad!

To think I actually write the stupid day on the white board, too!! Sheesh!

Remember that 16-day cruise to Iceland, Greenland, Scotland, Ireland, and London I was going to take in June? Followed up with a 14-day European land tour?

Cancelled. All cancelled.

Thanks, COVID-19!

We spent a LOT of money for that trip. We got full credit for the cruise, which we’ll just transfer to one of the other cruises we already have booked. We also got credit for the land tour, which is fine, except we’d have to pay extra to use this credit, as we’d have to get to the tour somehow. I have no idea what’s going to happen to our flights. We had a flight to NYC via American Airlines for the cruise and a flight home from Paris via Aer Lingus. I expect we’ll get another credit for the AA flight. Aer Lingus, I’m not so sure. Our travel agent suggests we wait until it’s closer to the flight. If they cancel, then we may get more (or something!) than if we cancel. But I don’t know what a credit will do us unless we want to go to Ireland.

So yeah, I’m totally bummed!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #14

Dates read: March 28-April 4
Title: The Sinner
Year of publication: 2020
Author: J. R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #18
# of Pages: 498
Paper or plastic: Hardback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book:. Syn has kept his side hustle as a mercenary a secret from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. When he takes another hit job, he crosses the path not only of the vampire race’s new enemy but also of a half-breed in danger of dying during her transition. Jo Early has no idea what her true nature is, and when a mysterious man appears out of the darkness, she is torn between their erotic connection and the sense that something is very wrong.
    Fate anointed Butch O’Neal as the Dhestroyer, the fulfiller of the prophecy that foresees the end of the Omega. As the war with the Lessening Society comes to a head, Butch gets an unexpected ally in Syn. But can he trust the male—or is the warrior with the bad past a deadly complication?
    With time running out, Jo gets swept up in the fighting and must join with Syn and the Brotherhood against the ultimate evil. In the end, will true love prevail … or was the prophecy wrong all along?
My thoughts: Another awesome book in this series. I like how a character from the Fallen Angels series has popped up into this one and I look forward to seeing what kind of havoc she will bring in later books!

Weather has been really nice the last few days. I got to go walking (finally!) and Hubby and I actually drove in the fun car with the top down yesterday! The nights have been stormy, though. Scary stormy. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning brought lightning and hail. Luckily, the hail didn’t damage the cars. I was sure it had. It was so loud (woke me up at 3:30am).

So… have some of your plans been cancelled because of COVID-19? Have you been enjoying the nice weather (provided you’ve gotten nice weather)? Are your days all screwed up? Tell me what you’ve been doing!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the hail didn't ding your cars.
Really sorry about your trip. Yes, when it's closer, you should be able to get almost all of it back or in a credit. Although you will have to find a way over to Europe to use part of it.
We had a trip planned but only had to cancel a flight and since we had insurance on it, we got a full refund.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Our insurance only covered us if we were sick/injured. And truthfully, if we'd taken full insurance for every trip we've ever taken, we still would have paid more than what we got hit with this time. See? I can look on the bright side!

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry that you're bummed. Here's to better days ahead and a good weekend. Snow coming here. We had hail too. Wow, it was loud. Followed by thunder, lightening and rain.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I hope we don't get snow! I want it warmer!!!

The Happy Whisk said...

I get that. I'm hoping to get more garden work done but we'll see how it goes. Happy Weekend.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

That sucks about your trip. I hope you're able to get credits you can feasibly use later!

Our weather's been great, too, and we also got the crazy storms, which somehow, I slept through. That never happens! The good thing is it didn't damage our garden, which my husband just put in that day.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I guess that's good you slept through the storms. I remember you having sleeping issues, so hopefully that's behind you.