Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Reading Update and I was Supposed to Start my Vacation

Hubby and I were supposed to board a cruise today, but COVID-19 spoiled all that. It was going to be an awesome cruise, too. With stops to Iceland, Greenland, Scotland, Ireland, and ending in London. Then, we were to start the next leg of our vacation: a European land tour traveling through 9 countries. We would have been gone for a month.

I knew it was too good to be true. We’d never ever planned such an elaborate vacation before. It certainly makes me gun shy to try and schedule another. Because it sure is a pain in the you-know-what when you have to try and get your money back. Which we really didn’t get back. Oh, sure, we got credit for the cruise and land tour. The flight home, not so much. Luckily, credit for the cruise will be easy to use as we have some future cruises booked and not paid for yet. But that land tour? They do have tours in the US, but what if they go out of business? What if the cruise line goes out of business? It really is something to worry about.

Something we also worry about this year is our season tickets to the Dayton Dragons. We’ll really be surprised if they even have a season this year. Don’t know what that will mean for our tickets. Especially since I read that many minor league teams just might go under. I don’t know if Dayton is in danger of doing that, but who knows? I think right now I’ll be happy to have my tickets good for next year. Better than losing outright.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #22

Dates read: May 21-28
Title: A Taste of You
Year of publication: 2017
Author: Teri Anne Stanley
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Comedy
Series: Bourbon Brothers #3
# of Pages: 216
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased from author
Blurb from Book:. Office supply addict Eve McGrath’s meticulously organized life is on the verge of crashing at her feet. Blue Mountain distillery’s new tasting and visitor center has to be finished pronto or her mother will lose her mind. Good thing Eve likes a challenge—which is exactly what she’ll face trying to convince the flaky contractor’s hot son to finish the job.
    Nick Baker is back in Kentucky just long enough to get his wayward dad back on his feet. Then he’s gone. Unfortunately, he can’t resist helping Eve, the sexy distiller-in-distress, whose addictive, bourbon-flavored kisses threaten his carefully constructed boundaries. And if he can’t rein himself in, the uncomfortable secrets of his past will nail him to the wall…
My thoughts: The author is a friend of mine, but that’s not why I read her books. I read her books because they’re fun. Lighthearted. And really good stories. I can count on Teri Anne to give me a laugh and make me go awww.

So… Did you have any vacation planned for this year? How about tickets to events? How’s that turning out for you?

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a shame you couldn't get a refund for everything. We had a trip booked in April and fortunately got every bit of it back as a refund.
We're also planning on a long trip next year and just hope it happens.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - We have another long cruise booked for Sep 2021 (Seattle to Ft Lauderdale through the Panama Canal). I sure hope that one is a go. I may book my flights through the cruise though... just in case.