Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Reading Update and I Fixed my Blog List

Last week I asked for help regarding the blog list on my side bar since I couldn’t get it to update or add blogs. Well… turns out I was using an old gadget (Blogger’s term, not mine). You’d think they’d automatically update the one I was using. Or let me know they updated it, right? But no… And I couldn’t just copy and paste the data over, I had to enter ALL the blogs I follow onto that list. One. At. A Time. But first, I needed to clean up my list. Why enter old blogs? And I had a LOT of old blogs on that list.

What a job!

I never realized how many people I followed had quit blogging. Not just not posting, but deleting the whole kit and caboodle! But now my list is clean. Yay! Although, I notice a lot of bloggers I follow still don’t have the https before their URL. Which meant the blog posts weren’t showing (just the blog, but not the latest post). Good thing I knew a way around THAT!

Sometimes I know too much for my own good. That usually gets me in trouble. Hopefully not this time, though.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 49

Dates read: October 9-18, 2021
Title: Mile High With a Vampire
Year of publication: 2021
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Argeneau Vampires #33
# of Pages: 341
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Jet Lassiter likes being a pilot for Argeneau Enterprises. Perks include traveling to exotic locations and meeting interesting people, even if they are the blood-sucking kind. He’s living the good life, until his plane goes down in the mountains and four of his passengers are gravely injured. They need blood to heal…and Jet is the only source.
    Quinn Peters never wanted to be immortal. Once a renowned heart surgeon, she was turned against her will and now she has to drink blood to survive. Before she can ask how her “life” can get any worse, she’s in a plane crash. One of the few survivors, Quinn is desperate to get the mortal pilot to safety before her fellow immortals succumb to their blood lust and drain Jet dry.
    But hungry vampires are the least of their worries—the crash wasn’t an accident, and someone is trying to kill Quinn. Will she and Jet find their happily ever after as life mates, or will her assassin find her first?
My thoughts: Still a fun series to read. I love escaping into this world.

The weather has gotten a little cooler here. And definitely way less muggy. I’m enjoying my walks, but taking them later in the day. Seeing temps in the 40s in the morning doesn’t make me motivated to get out there and walk! Eventually I’ll have to go back to my step aerobics, but so far the weather has cooperated this October. In fact, it’s been an AWESOME October. The trees are still green!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Glad you fixed up your blog roll. I periodically clean up mine and delete bloggers who aren't blogging anymore or those who don't follow me back.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Natalie - I just realized two things. One: I wasn't following your blog (I am now--and it's on my blog list because I can add blogs to it now!). Two: Somewhere in the past I deleted the Followers on my blog (I put it back).

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Time consuming, but at least you found a solution. You would think they'd just update the widget rather than replace it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - It's like Blogger doesn't want to make your life easier. If they did, they wouldn't have taken away the ability to edit data on the sidebar from my blog. Instead, I have to go into the layout every time. Ugh.