Friday, February 9, 2024

Finished Reading “When a Dragon Falls” and…Stuff

Apparently when I’m writing, I’m not reading as much. I got the edits back on Ghostly Protector and have been working on that. I can’t believe how close I am to getting that one published. It’ll be my 9th book. Whoo hoo!

But I’ve also had some medical issues…again. I had surgery on Jan 26th to remove the lymph node from my chest. That’s when they found some tissue behind the node (which is what the CT scan saw). The node came back normal, but the tissue came back as kidney cancer. My oncologist wants to put me on another drug, but I saw the side effects on that and need more answers. I see him on Tuesday. In the meantime, I’m a bit sore in the side and chest (also really itchy from the glue!). I’m getting around slowly, but at least I’m getting around. Eventually I’ll get back to some exercise. I really need to get back into that.

So my reading has slowed. So has my crochet. But my writing is continuing, so that’s a good thing. Haven’t started anything new yet, but I’ll get there. Just too much other stuff to do!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 5

Dates read: January 21 – February 9, 2024
Title: When a Dragon Falls
Year of publication: 2023
Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy Romance
Series: Embraced by Magic #4/The Embraced #7
# of Pages: 355
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book: Princess Lenushka of Norveshka prides herself on her courage. She’s faced down the doubters who think a woman dragon shifter is worth less than a man. She will marry to secure the support of her nobles—and ensure she’ll hold the Norveshki throne. A battle-hardened soldier, she’s prepared to destroy the Brotherhood of the Sun, who threaten all Aerthlan. But she can barely look at Bran Morris, the Raven. His dark, brooding beauty is off-limits for a princess who must wed for advantage. And he has far too many secrets of his own for Lennie to trust him with hers.
    Bran’s quest is for vengeance, against the Brotherhood monsters who killed his brother and abused his sisters. He can’t dream about the sharp-eyed woman warrior whose memory haunts him, not even when she appears to rescue him from an unknown dragon shifter. But when Lennie and Bran discover they’re Aerthlan’s last defense against a powerful, murderous mastermind, they can no longer afford to deceive each other—or themselves. And when a dragon’s passion is freed, anything is possible…
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts:
Took me a bit to get back into this world. I like the series. Don’t know why it takes me so long to remember past books. I blame it on my medication. Or old age. Or maybe the combination. This is a fun series, though. Highly recommend.

Weather has been really wonderful the last few days. Into the 60s today. I know winter isn’t over yet, but nothing wrong with enjoying the warm sunny weather while we got it!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sorry this crap just keeps hitting you! Not fair.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Thanks. It doesn't feel all that fair to me, either.