My new query isn't working, but I'm not giving up. I'll make it work eventually. I just need to think about it some more.
I'm now going through the passes in my manuscript for editing. I went through it yesterday to make sure the endings of the chapters left the reader with a hook (and if it didn't a note to fix it) and transitioned into the next chapter smoothly. I have some chapters that need fixing, but not a lot. That's good.
Today or tomorrow I'll go through it and look for something else more specific (i.e. characters or dialog). I'm not reading the book, only glancing through it to make sure each scene or chapter moves the story along. In yesterday's process, I found four pages that could probably be eliminated (but would like my daughter's opinion on them, first).
According to a workshop I took, there are seven revision passes. I don't know if I'll be able to figure out all seven, but I'm trying. Once I'm finished, then it's back to the computer and fixing the areas that need fixing. Maybe in all that I'll figure out how to make my query unique.
Good news anyway - I got my shopping finished yesterday. Woke up to some snow, but nothing compared to what the eastern coast got (thank God!). After I saw the news this morning, I decided not to show the picture of our snow, since it really was insignificant to what was dumped in NY & NJ!