Monday, December 7, 2009

Grand Canyon

I'd like to post some pictures, but the wireless network we're on is shakey, at best, and I keep getting timed out. So, they will have to wait until I'm back home.

Yesterday we went to the Grand Canyon and it was freezing! The wind chill was 1 degree - and it was WINDY! We were not dressed for that. I wish I had a scarf, it would have come in handy.

But the canyon looks just as gorgeous as I remember it from 1977 (the last time I saw it). I just wish it were sunnier and warmer. It was 2:00pm before we actually got our first view, and with the sun setting at 4:30, there were lots of shadows. I haven't had a chance to view our pictures, yet. I hope they came out okay.

A long drive for two hours of viewing, but I think it was worth it. Shivering burns calories, right?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Someday I plan to go there.

Stacy McKitrick said...

I should have commented before, since you were my first follower, but I'm slow that way sometimes! I did rant and rave to everyone who would listen that I had a follower, though.

I appreciate you visiting. I hope I don't bore you!