Sunday, October 17, 2010

Normalcy

I think things may be getting back to normal.

The last two weeks have been rough on my weekly goals.

Last weekend we went to Louisville and it disrupted my schedule (writing and otherwise). Don’t get me wrong. I loved watching the games and rooting for my daughter, but since I work full-time during the week, I use the weekend to get stuff done (i.e. writing) and it didn’t happen.

This past weekend was pretty much the same.

On Friday we went to West Virginia (Beech Bottom, actually, just north of Wheeling along the Ohio River) to visit my husband’s uncle, who came in from Rhode Island to visit his sister (my husband’s aunt). This trip wasn’t really planned, but we wanted to see them, so we went.

Granted, we came back Saturday night (had to watch OSU get beat by Wisconsin – dang!), and I was able to get my laundry done on Sunday, but it still seemed to disrupt things. My schedule was all off. My days were all wrong. The writing stalled.

But tonight I finally got some quiet time to sit down and write and it came back! Words flowed once again. The story moved forward. I’m a happy camper!

Yes, I think things may be getting back to normal. I might actually get some of my goals accomplished after all! Especially my writing goal.

No comments: