Sunday, April 3, 2011

More Photographic Art

I got lucky and found some more photos. If anything, this little project of mine is gathering up all my pictures so I can put them all in one place!

Long before I started my photography degree in 1985 at Brookville Community College (Lincroft, NJ), I took a photography class at Cochise Community College (Sierra Vista, AZ) in 1979. I loved my camera, but this class began my obsession. These are two photos I took during that class.

I love contrast. I love the shapes of things – like trees. Especially tress without leaves. Like this big one located at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. I know I took numerous photos of this tree. All on different days. Trying to capture the right light. It wasn't until I developed the film (and didn't burn it – I was good at that, too) that I found the perfect shot, though. At least, perfect for me. It's one of my favorites.

I don't remember what my assignments were, or if I even had any, so I'm not sure what I was accomplishing with the creek picture. Possibly movement? Something with nature? Who knows! My mind's fried. I like it, regardless of what I was going for.

Since that class, people hated me taking their picture. I took too long to set up the shot. I was more concerned in making it look nice than just snapping a picture. I probably still do that, too.

Next time I get in the scanning mood, I'll scan some of my cemetery pictures. Those statues didn't care HOW long I took. Of course, they were the cause of my pneumonia, but that's a story for another blog.

No comments: