The rules of this award are as follows:1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the Award on to deserving blog buddies (One stated 10, the other stated 15 – I'll probably do less than that!!).
4. Contact those buddies and let them know.
First off: my thanks to The Viking Princess and Todd Moody for this award. You've given me something to blog about! Ha ha!
Now, seven random facts about myself:
1. I play with my hair. Doesn't matter if it's long or short (and it's usually long), I twirl my hair around my finger. And I use the index finger on my left hand even though I'm right handed. Go figure!
2. I collect magnets from every Hard Rock Café and Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurtants I can find. Doesn't matter if I eat there or not (except I usually do if I find a Bubba Gump Shrimp - YUM), I just want the magnet to show I was in that city.
3. I've got a dated Christmas ornament for every Christmas since I've been married (the first one being 1979). And yes, they go up on the tree every year. I think I'll cry if any of them are destroyed!
4. I’m an early arrival. If I have an appointment at 8:00, I’ll be there before 7:45. Sometimes I over-calculate my drive and will arrive even earlier than that! In that case, I sit in my car and read until it’s time to show up – still early, but maybe only 5-10 minutes. My Dad always told me it’s better to be early than late, and it’s been ingrained in my brain ever since. Unfortunately, I married someone who waits until the last minute to get ready to leave. So if I’m with him – we’re usually late. That drives me nuts! But at least I can blame him (and I usually do!).
5. I love sports. Well, most sports. Can't stand basketball (except for March Madness) or soccer. Once I started watching hockey, I got hooked (Go Penguins!). I've loved baseball for as long as I can remember and I love playing softball, too. My Dad introduced me to golf when I was 14. If our high school had a women's team, I would have been on it. Now, if I only had an athlete's body… Oh well…
6. If I'm in a room full of people, I'll be the quiet one. Unless you pose a question directly to me, I just sit and listen. That is, until I get to know everyone. Of course, that could take a year (or more). Yes, I am THAT shy (or introverted – I haven't decided).
7. I wrote my first short story when I was 14. It was titled "It Was One of Those Weeks" (and my teacher liked it). I wrote my second short story when I was 52. Quite a gap, huh? It took me awhile to find my way back, but I'm sure glad I did.
Now to pass on the award. This is where I break the rules (I'm a rebel, what can I say?).
Journal of a Midnight Writer. She's one of my critique partners and I enjoy reading her blogs.Hold On To Your Bloomers.
Unearthly Musings. If you only visit Danica's blog on one day, make it Friday. It's how she hooked me!!
Piedmont Writer. I should visit her blog more often (heck I should visit everyone's blog more often), but when I am there, I find I usually have a comment to make. I like interactive blogs.
If you haven't visited them before, now's your chance!