Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm Back...With Exciting News!


I was going to title this "I Interrupt This Break to Bring You…Exciting News!" but I just now decided I'm done with my hiatus, so it wasn't really fitting. Why am I done? Not because I finished Book #5, but because I'm ALMOST finished with Book #5. It won't be as long as my others (at least the first draft won't, who knows what I'll enhance when I start editing it), but a story is as long as a story wants to be, right? I have no fear of missing my goal of Halloween. NO FEAR! (Yeah, I'm trembling.)
 
Now onto my Exciting News, which is:
 
I can now put MY NAME into the search in Amazon and the book with MY NAME (as well as other authors) on it will come up! How freaking crazy is that??? My short story was selected for the anthology my RWA chapter put together (as a fund raiser) and it's now available in Smashwords and Amazon. Soon it will be on Barnes & Noble and in print (which I'm holding out for). Once I get all those links, I'll put them in my sidebar.
 
Here's the cover (created by Jennette Marie Powell, who also formatted and put it all together – isn't she great?). It's unreal, it really is.
 
If that wasn't good enough news to share, I have more. Apparently good things DO come in threes. I hope they come in fours and fives, though, because I really want more (yep, I'm greedy). Anywhooo… I submitted three chapters and a synopsis of MY SUNNY VAMPIRE to a small press publisher and was informed by the editor that she liked my story and to send the whole manuscript! I am so keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Maybe you can, too???
 
And good news number three? Last Monday I got called up for a job interview. Talk about shocked. The interview is today.
 
See what I mean about maybe getting the good luck to go into fours and fives???
 
I'm a happy camper and I love sharing news! I also decided my Wednesday posts will be "What I Read Last Week." I'm reading a lot more now, and it will give me something to share and blog about (besides the page up top listing the books I've read).
 
WRiTE Club has started the next bout of winners matched against winners, so check it out and vote - the rounds will be going a lot quicker this time around. My piece was never selected in the first bouts (boo hoo). I was really hoping it would (if I couldn't make it out of 72, I can only imagine how many people submitted!), so it would give me motivation to finish the story – ha ha! I may still finish it someday. Just not right now. Book #5 awaits an ending.
 
Have a great Monday!

10 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

That's terrific news! Especially about the job situation. I was so worried for you.

--I wouldn't mind a little luck myself.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Maria. I hope you're feeling better after those yellow jacket stings (yikes!).

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Good luck with the ms request -and- job interview! And congrats on getting into the anthology! I loved "The Last Christmas Visit!"

The Happy Whisk said...

Best news on the blog. Go you. Rah.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jennette. I'm still getting around to reading all the short stories, but if your short is anything like your books, I'm sure I'll love it!!

***********

Thanks, Ivy! I hope I have better news later!!

LD Masterson said...

Congrats on all the good news and I hope the interview went great.

Michael Seese said...

Congratulations on the anthology. It's a great feeling, isn't it. It makes you feel truly part of a writer community.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - Interview went as interviews go (because I really suck at them, I think), but at least I'll hear something regardless.

***********

Michael - Thanks! It is a pretty awesome feeling. Oh and THANKS for being my 60th follower!!!

Todd R Moody said...

I can't believe I missed this news! Congrats on all counts!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Todd! I guess you've just been too busy, huh???