Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I Read Last Week


Before I get into my post, I just want to say I typed THE END on the first draft of Book #5! And it only took six months! I'm so happy!!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way…

I've decided Wednesdays will be dedicated to posting about the books I read during the last week (Wed-Tues). Since this is the first post, I'm going to go back a little further than a week this time, since I just finished reading a series. So I'll list all the books here.

Oct 14: "Charmed and Dangerous" by Toni McGee Causey

Oct 18: "Girls Just Wanna Have Guns" by Toni McGee Causey

Oct 21: "When a Man Loves a Weapon" by Toni McGee Causey

I read the first two books under different titles back in 2008 or 2009, but didn't own the books because I had gotten them from the library. When Book #3 came out (in 2009), and the first two were released under new titles, I ended up buying all three just so I could own them.

I do NOT know what took me so long to finally get to these books. Hmmm, maybe my stack of books and the fact they got buried? I'm so glad I finally found them!

Bobbie Faye is funny and you could say she's a magnet for trouble. And it's not like she's out looking for it, it just comes to her. One adventure after another, it's hard to stop, but you have to to breathe!

I gave all three books 5 stars on Goodreads. If you like adventure and humor and some romance, well, you'll get them here!

What have you read this past week?

 

4 comments:

Missed Periods said...

Congrats on finishing your first draft!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jenny. It was a great rush!

Michael Seese said...

How can you NOT like the title "Girls Just Wanna Have Guns"

And congratulations!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Michael. If you like the title, you should read the book!