Monday, December 31, 2012

The End of a Year and a Resolution for the New One


Ah, my last post of 2012. The 156th of the year, making it the best year yet. Sticking to a M-W-F posting seems to be working fairly well. Hopefully, I'll continue with it in 2013.

As for New Year's Resolutions, I didn't really have any last year, but I had a vague goal: start and finish Book #5. Well, I did that, so that's good, right?

This year I am making a New Year's Resolution. I felt I HAD to, because if I didn't, I'd probably chicken out and not go through with it. This way I'm kind of forcing my hand or else face embarrassment with my reading public (which isn't that large, I know, but large enough!).

My resolution? By Dec 31, 2013, I will have published (or contracted to publish) my vampire romance series. That would be Books #1, #2, and #3.

Now, I know I have no control over publication dates if I happen to sign with a publisher, which is my ultimate choice – not that I have one (ha ha). So if I can sign by then, GREAT. But if that doesn't happen, I will self-publish, and that I can control. I refuse to let my stories wallow away on my computer. Maybe they aren't unique enough for an agent or a publisher, but you know, I don't think all readers care about unique. I don't, and I know my daughter doesn't. They're good stories and fun to read. Well, #1 and #3 are. I'm still working out #2, but I'm being optimistic here!

So that's my resolution. Short and sweet. I find those are the best kinds to keep anyway. What are you resolving to do in the new year?

****

And in other news…I got my synopsis written and I submitted GHOSTLY LIAISON for the Golden Heart Contest. I also started querying!

I'm trying to make 2013 a very good year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

 

9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I'm not making any resolutions for 2013, but I am continuing my 2012 resolution to live more simply and healthier. Yoga has dramatically changed my health and I want to keep that up.

Happy New Year, Stacy!

The Happy Whisk said...

Simple and short. I love it. And I'll be cheering you on along the road. Woohoo.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Hey, those resolutions that are life-changing are the best. I hope to stick to my exercise routine, too!

Ivy - Thanks for the cheer. Always appreciated!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Good luck in the GH!

Your resolution is what I went into 2011 planning - and did! Obviously, I took the route that didn't depend on others. But you are right, there's so much that NY thinks is played out or that readers don't want any more (Chick lit? Space opera?) and the readers keep proving them wrong. I don't see any sign of readers tiring of vampire stories, so good luck!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jennette! I've never entered the GH before. Don't know what possessed me to do it this time!

And I may come-a-knocking when I'm ready to take that self-publishing step!!

The Happy Whisk said...

If cheer isn't enough I'll bring some homemade bread. Or doughnuts. Maybe cookies. Your call.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - How about all of the above? It's not like I haven't overeaten this holiday season. Gosh, no! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! My resolution is to have my WiP sent out to all the agents on my list by July, and to write another book and start editing before the end of the year. Good luck with your series!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Laura - Guess you'll be staring at your e-mail inbox a lot this year, too, huh? Good luck to both of us!!