Monday, March 10, 2014

Pictures of Santa Barbara-Part I

I put Part I in the title, because I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post.

But before I post the pictures I took yesterday, let me show you what it was like at home (as always, if you click on the photo, it will enlarge).


This is a picture of my street on Feb 16. Pretty dreary, huh?


This was a picture of my backyard on March 6th. This portion doesn't get much sunlight, and the temps haven't been very high. I know, it's not as bad as some, but man, I'm just sick of snow!


Yesterday, on Stearns Wharf! Look, no snow!!!


Walk/bike path. I could get used to coming here everyday!


The beach. Yes, that's still California there in the distance (Santa Barbara beaches face south). And that cliff off to the left, just a little downways is the Santa Barbara cemetery (Well, the cemetery is on TOP of the cliff!). My grandmother is buried there.


Here's a panoramic view. Stearns Wharf is from center to right.

I got a little bit of sun. Well, we all did. We planned on going to the Santa Barbara Zoo today, but now we're rethinking that. Might hold off. On Tuesday we plan on going to Santa Monica and Los Angeles. I want to see the LaBrea Tar Pits!!

It's not a given I'll have access to the internet during the day (you know, because I don't have one of THOSE phones--haha!), but I'll check in when I can. 

Where do you wish you could be right now? I'm where I wish! In fact, I think it's going to be real hard leaving this place.
 

Stacy

 

13 comments:

JeffO said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I'm jealous! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Gorgeous pics of California, Stacy. Enjoy! =o)

Maria Zannini said...

It's warm in Texas so I can't complain.

Soak up that sun and try to take some home with you. :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

purdy pitchers

(even the snow...but keep in mind I live in FL and don't really understand the concept of frozen moisture falling from the sky)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

That looks great! Especially seeing you and your hubby in short sleeves. Although it is a bit warmer here now--I actually had the car windows down Saturday! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - The weather should be great all week. I know they need rain, but I need sun! :)

B.E. - I'm doing my best.

Maria - I see it's warmer back home now, but snow is also forecasted. Hope it's all gone by the time I return!!

R. Mac - I was the same way, growing up in Santa Barbara: Snow? What's that??

Jennette - I'll do my best to bring some warm weather back with me!!

Jen B said...

Wow I am so jealous! I think you are in the perfect place right now! We had warmer temperatures and sun today, but nothing like that! Keep having a great time!

Michael Seese said...

Very nice. Enjoy.

James Garcia Jr said...

You could always stay! :) Hi, Stacy. I'm glad you're enjoying your visit. I wish I was on the coast right now. *waves from central valley near Fresno* I do think we have a Disneyland trip coming up, so that will have to suffice. My youngest is in High School Band and they are always going there. We're going to follow them down.
Anyway, enjoy your stay, my friend.

-Jimmy

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jen - It IS the perfect place!!

Michael - Thanks!

Jimmy - You don't know how bad I wish I could stay. Unfortunately, the price is too high (and not just in dollars, if you know what I mean).

The Happy Whisk said...

Spring-like here today as well, but nothing that you're having. Enjoy.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I hear that spring-like temp is turning cold real soon. Hopefully it won't last!

The Happy Whisk said...

I heard that as well but woke to tons of rain. Very very nice day to be home.