Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday Reads and Some Great News!

I’ve been waiting, and waiting, and waiting to share this news, but wouldn’t until I knew it was for real (And do you know how hard that is? It’s HARD!). Well, it’s for real now, since I’ve signed the contracts and mailed them out. Lyrical/Kensington will be publishing my next two books: “Bite Me, I’m Yours” and “Ghostly Liaison”!

Yay! Let’s all dance!!

So, I’m guessing that just may put a little bit of a crimp in my reading. We’ll see. I’m all caught up in my goal for now. Here’s what I read during the week:

Mar 20: “The Dragon’s Heart” by Eden Ashe, a paranormal romance. Blurb from Goodreads: The dragon-shifter king will do anything to keep his mate alive...even if it means war. After millennia as king of the dragon-shifters, Daniel Ashborne wants a little peace and quiet, especially from the beautiful Hollywood starlet who haunts his memories. His escape tactics end abruptly when he is called to the ER to save the one woman he wants to forget, but who now bears his mark. Shelby Kincade's life and movie career were nearly destroyed when Daniel vanished a year ago. Now he's back, claiming they have been accidentally mated. Getting over him once was hard enough, but she must choose either the life of her dreams or the man she can't live without. With peace finally on the horizon between the dragon-shifters and the Hunters, an assassination attempt on the dragon king and his mate shatters everything. Tensions rebuild as Daniel and his loyal team of shifters try to discover who put out the hit. Enemy and ally lines are crossed, but in the end--after the battle ash has settled--no one could have foreseen who has plotted for their own gain. Wow! This book hooked me from the get-go and never let go. To say I was nervous reading it is an understatement. I’ve had some bad experiences lately. So glad this one did not disappoint! I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads.

Mar 22: “Playing the Game,” by M.Q. Barber, an erotic romance. I won this book, but had it on my list to buy. Blurb from Goodreads: She expects dinner with neighbors, but gets sex with a side of safewords. Mechanical engineer Alice still drools over her sexy neighbors a year after she’s moved in. She can’t decide whether they’re roommates or partners, but either way, they spark a wanton desire in her that has her imagination–and vibrator–working overtime. Henry, director of everything around him, studies human nature and applies philosophies to his paintings as well as his relationships. Quirky, polite to a fault, and formal, he follows his own code of honor even when it means denying himself. Flirtatious and playful, Jay needs stability, guidance, and to please others. His antics counterbalance Henry’s stuffy ways while he brings a level of vulnerability and fun to everything the trio does. BDSM play with the enigmatic artist and flirtatious joker across the hall allows Alice to put aside the linear thought processes which have kept her unsatisfied and distant with other lovers. She must dismiss her preconception of love, sacrificing her independence, if she’s to find a permanent place in their beds and hearts. This book is way more than just sex (and trust me, it titillates, but good!); I LOVE these characters. They are so fascinating. And the book ended way too soon. I really look forward to reading more about Henry, Jay, and Alice! Heck, it was the short story I read in “First Frost” that made me want to read this book. I gave this 5 stars on Goodreads (and I’m craving, craving, craving the next one--so much so I already purchased it!).

Mar 24: “Watershed” by Cd Brennan, a contemporary romance. I won this book, too, but also had it on my to-buy list. Blurb on back: Maggie isn’t looking for love on her backpacking trip through Australia. She’s got enough man troubles back in Ireland. Australia is her escape, a place of adventure where she can create memories to last a lifetime. But some memories won’t be left behind. Gray is ready to quit hiring backpackers to help with the work on his remote Queensland cattle station when Maggie turns up. She’s just passing through, but the connection they forge during the long nights herding cattle won’t be so easily cast aside. This is a sweet romance (meaning no sex scenes), which I knew going into it, so I was okay with that (although I prefer more spice in my romances). Even sweet, I enjoyed this book, loved the characters, and breezed right through it. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads.
 
So...did any of you have some cold weather yesterday? It snowed here (ugh). At least it should be in the 50s by Thursday. Of course, it's supposed to rain, too. Gee, can't we get some warm and sunny weather? I think Santa Barbara spoiled me!

Happy reading!

Stacy

 

8 comments:

JeffO said...

Congratulations! Excellent news, Stacy, I'm very happy for you!

Yeah, the cold continues here, we're supposed to get back down to single digits again tonight, but mid to high 40s by the weekend. The patience, she is worn mighty thin.

Congrats again!

B.E. Sanderson said...

SQUEE! Congratulations, Stacy! Way to go!

It wasn't super cold here - 40s with a brisk wind - but it sure wasn't the warmth we were expecting and it was a bucket of ice water down my back after spending a week in Florida. Bleh.

The Happy Whisk said...

Crimp away, this is great news. I'm doing the boogie dance with you.

Much congrats.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Woke up to snow on the ground and temps in the teens. Yep, my patience is worn thin all right!

B.E. - See, it feels GREAT to visit these warms spots during winter, but really the pits when you come back to the cold. Brrr...

Ivy - I'll be crimping soon, I'm sure! Haha! Boogie boogie!!!

Jen B said...

Congratulations!!!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jen! :)

Michael Seese said...

Awesome news!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - It is, isn't it? :)