Friday, October 24, 2014

Heading to the Sea

This will be my last post until November. And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I’ll have pictures to share then. You see… I’ll be on this big boat and they don’t have the internet. I’d like to say I’ll get some writing done. Or even get caught up in my reading. And maybe I will, but they’re not in the plan.

The plan includes FUN. And lots of it! J That’s the way it should be, right?

I’ve been advertising on Goodreads. Not a lot of money (only ten bucks), but it’s garnered some author ranking fluctuations (in a good way) on Amazon. I can only hope it’s doing the same at other vendors. I’ve only noticed one sale since I started the advertising campaign, but then, I can’t see sales from anyone except for Kindle.

One thing I did notice on Goodreads, though. 517 have added My Sunny Vampire to their to-read books (8 since I started advertising on 10/10). Who are these people, I wondered. Well, I CAN check that out. And what I discovered kind of blew my mind.

When several of them have over 20,000 books in their “to-read” column, can I really expect they’ll ever get to mine? Granted, most of these people added my book when I ran a giveaway back in January. At the time I was thrilled people were adding my books. I figured they’ll see it on their lists. Now, I’m not so sure. I find it akin to garnering “likes” on Facebook via a contest. Sure, they’ll “like” you to try and win, but how many will really stick around? How many REALLY like you?

This publishing business is insane, isn’t it? But I love it anyway! Really, I’ve never been happier working at any job than I have been since I started writing. My husband notices it, too. I’m a completely different person! In a good way, of course. J

So… I’m looking forward to doing nothing for a week. No, take that back. Having FUN! What are you looking forward to?

Stacy

Cruising

10 comments:

JeffO said...

Have a great trip!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jeff! That's the plan. :)

Bonnie Gill said...

Stacy,
Have fun on your trip.
Thanks for the info on advertising on goodreads.

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Halloween. See you in November, Buttface.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Bonnie - I will and you're welcome! :)

Ivy - Buttface? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The Happy Whisk said...

hahahahaha, I laughed when I wrote Buttface and then I laughed when I read your comment about the worms.

So funny.

dolorah said...

My kindle is full of books "to be read" so i never add anything to a want to read list. I'm more likely to at least open it if I purchase it :)

Have a great trip. I'm jealous, I'd love to spend a few days on the coast.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - I had to finally sort my "want to reads" in Goodreads and add paper and e-book to my shelves. If one or the other is selected, then I know I own the book.

And I hope I make EVERYONE jealous. Cruises are so much FUN!

Michael Seese said...

I'm looking forward to the day I get "the call."

STILL....

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - In my case, it was an e-mail. I have yet to "talk" to anyone from my publisher! Well, except in person. Your day will come!! :)