Monday, August 3, 2015

Castle Made Me Do It

I had been watching an older episode of “Castle” and this movie was mentioned several times within the episode. A movie that was considered a classic sci-fi flick. That movie was “Forbidden Planet.” Okay, that intrigued me. Especially when I discovered it was a REAL movie.

What???

So I bought the DVD.

Guess what I watched last night? We didn’t think there would be many special features, either. Boy, were we wrong. We’re still not finished watching them.

But man, what a great movie.

I loved seeing the influences to “Star Trek” and “Star Wars.” Probably “Lost in Space,” too. I’m sure Robby the Robot was an influence for the Robot on that show (I loved that robot!).

I’m glad I bought the movie. And to think I owe it all to “Castle.”

I hope to finish watching those special features tonight.

Can’t totally blame the movie for this short post, but I will. J

So… Have you ever seen this movie? What did you think of it?
 
Stacy

5 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, my gosh, that's an oldie, but it was remarkably well made. It's almost like a template for what science fiction would become.

Anne Gallagher said...

That was a great flick. As Maria said, a precursor to all other science fiction tv shows. I love Castle.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - It was well made (for 1956). I still can't believe I'd never heard of this movie until this year.

Anne - Castle is great, isn't it?

The Happy Whisk said...

Haven't seen it, no.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - If you like sci-fi, you should see this movie.