Monday, August 31, 2015

Getting Ready for Dragon*Con

I can’t believe another Dragon*Con is almost here. This will be my sixth time attending and I’m starting to feel like a pro, now. Last year I got my picture taken with Karl Urban. This year I don’t plan on doing any kind of photo ops. They’re just too expensive and there really isn’t anyone there I want to spend that kind of money on.

Well, except maybe for John Barrowman. I’ve heard he’ll do almost anything you want in the picture (he’ll even surprise you). Still, it’s extravagant (gotta pay for the photo and then pay to get it signed) and I’d rather spend my money elsewhere.

I leave on Wednesday, so I’ll still post my Wednesday Reads. I won’t post anything on Friday and Monday, though. I always say I’ll try, but I never do, so I’ll just say I won’t. That way I don’t have to hit myself for forgetting.

Last year I didn’t take many pictures at Dragon*Con. This year my hubby is going and he’s taking his camera. His main purpose is to take pictures. So if I slack off and don’t get many pictures again this year (which is a good possibility, knowing myself), I’ll just show you some of his. I’m sure they’ll be way better than anything I would take anyway.

I still have a lot of packing to do. Actually, I gotta figure out what it is I want to take. I probably should already know, but I’m the great procrastinator, remember? I always wait until the last minute.

So… Do you pack weeks in advance or wait until the day/night before you leave on an extended trip? I know one thing. I’ll only have three days after Dragon*Con to get ready for my cruise. Busy, busy, busy!

Happy Monday!

Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Last minute packer here.

Have a great time!

Maria Zannini said...

For a major trip, I'm a careful packer and plan in advance. But I'm also good and being able to throw a few things in a bag and take off for short stints.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - All righty. Nice to know there are more than just me. :)

Maria - I sometimes plan what I take (I love lists), but I don't pack until the day before. Why make it any more wrinkled than it needs to be? And I do have a "permanent" travel list of stuff we like to take on every trip. It's saved us from forgetting laptop cords! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I usually pack the night before, but no sooner. Otherwise, the suitcase is sitting around taking up space I don't have to spare. Have fun at Dragon*Con!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I hate tripping over that suitcase!

The Happy Whisk said...

You are busy, busy. For sure.

I pack the day before, I think. It's been so long since I needed to pack.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Sometimes I feel like I'm packing all the time. We love to travel. :)