Monday, September 28, 2015

I Used to Love Fall TV

When I was younger, I couldn’t wait until the TV Guide came out showcasing the new Fall television season. I’d go through that thing, picking which shows I wanted to watch and then moaning when some would be against each other. Because this was before the world of VCRs and DVRs. Before there was a zillion cable channels to choose from. Before series could start any time, any where.

Somewhere along the way I’ve lost interest. I stopped getting the TV Guide when it stopped listing the local stations, but I think I just used that as an excuse to finally cancel my subscription. I still watch TV, but not with anticipation. If it weren’t for my hubby, I’d watch way less than I do. But he likes watching and I like watching with him. I just wish he didn’t like to watch so many shows.

If someone had told my younger self that I would eventually feel that way, I would have said they were bonkers! Because I was a television junkie and I was sure I’d always be one.

Anyway, I did see one of the new shows last night (from a recording): Blindspot (I think that’s the name of it). Hubby wants to watch a few more episodes before he decides he wants to stick with it. I could quit it right now and be okay. Although the guy in it is kind of appealing. J

So… Did you see the lunar eclipse last night? I saw parts of it. Pretty cool.

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

8 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I lost interest quite a while ago. Maybe the golden age of television really is gone.

The eclipse was cool, but the color was gorgeous.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I wish I could have captured a picture of the moon, but my camera just couldn't pick out the moon and my husband still doesn't know how to properly use his fancy-dancy camera! Oh well... :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I've never been a big TV watcher. Most shows just don't hold my interest.

The lunar eclipse was really cool! Glad I got to see it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Sometimes I think too many shows hold my interest and I just don't want to spend the time watching them! :)

JeffO said...

Lunar eclipse was very nice, though we didn't see bright orange. Still very cool.

Most of my TV watching at this point is done through Netflix at this point, and I'm quite happy with that. TV Guide: is that still a thing?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - You know, I don't know if TV Guide is still printed. When they went to the larger format, they ended up with the other magazines and I just never really looked for it there. They do have a website, though.

The Happy Whisk said...

Was too dark where we were to see any of it. Bummer.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I was afraid it would be cloudy, and it was, but not where the moon was at. Lucky us!