Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day!


My sad attempt at taking a picture of fireworks.
(taken a few years ago)

The weather doesn’t appear to be cooperating this holiday (rain, rain, go away), so our trip to the zoo today may not occur. We’ll determine that later. Still going to Columbus for breakfast and dinner, but we may end up playing games instead.

Which means, I better take some!

On Saturday I did manage to catch a glimpse of our fireworks (the finale) as we drove home from the baseball game. It was such a nice night, too (not too hot, not too cold, and no humidity!). If the Dragons had won, it would have been a GREAT night.

Sunday was rainy, so I spent the day reading. Haven’t done that in ages. Boy, did that feel good. But it’ll be back to work revising on Tuesday (since I won’t be home today).

Last week I didn’t get much work on Ghostly Interlude and by Friday I didn’t even want to get out of bed (or exercise—which I really didn’t do). I made the mistake in taking Zyrtec again. This cold has aggravated my allergies and I thought the pill would help. It turned me back into a zombie instead. It only took two pills, too! Won’t make that mistake again. I’ll just suffer with the dripping and coughing.

Although… a co-worker of my husband’s suggested I take children’s Claritin. He had the same problem as I did and found a lower dose worked much better. I may look into that the next time I go to the store. It’s not so much that the coughing gets to me, but that it seems to irritate (or concern) other people (such as hubby). But if the med makes me zombie-like, I won’t take it again. I’ve got a book to finish revising!

I know one thing—I feel much better now (despite the dripping and coughing) and look forward to getting back to the fitness center. On Tuesday. Won’t have any time today.

So… Do you have allergies? What do you take? Did you have to try different brands before you got something that worked?

Happy 4th! Go have some fun.
 
Stacy

6 comments:

JeffO said...

Some years ago my doctor gave me claritin (this was after a trip to an urgent care clinic resulted in antibiotics that did not work, because I had allergies, not an infection) and it was amazing. I do have allergies, but they are mostly background at the moment, something I can live with. Benadryl is particularly effective for me. Enjoy your holiday!

Maria Zannini said...

I'm sure I have allergies but I don't think they're severe enough to fuss with drugs.

Drugs and me have never gotten along, so I have to be really hurting to take something.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Thanks! It turned out to be a great day at the zoo. Wasn't that busy, either.

Maria - I'm not a huge fan of drugs, either. I may just say the heck with it.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I am slightly allergic to just about anything in the air - pollen, mites, mold, you name it - so I deal with this crap all year. The only thing I've found that works is Benadryl, which makes me sleepy, so during the day, I usually just put up with it. Hope yours improves!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I struggle with staying awake during the afternoon as it is, I don't need a drug to help get me there (zzzz). Guess I'll just put up with the coughing. It tends to bug other people more than it bugs me! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't have those kinds of allergies but I do take raw apple cider vinegar and that helps me a great deal.