Friday, July 22, 2016

Ohio Expo, Finding Treasure, and a Music Video

Tomorrow I’ll be in Akron at the Ohio Readers and Writers Expo. I’ll even be on a panel!

Hopefully I’ll talk, too. At least they gave me some questions ahead of time, so I’m somewhat prepared.

As long as I don’t lose that piece of paper…

I’m driving up there with my author-friend, Donna MacMeans (she writes historical romances, some with a paranormal twist) and she’ll be on the panel with me, so it shouldn’t be all that bad. In fact, it should be fun. That’s right. Fun! It’s all in the attitude, right?

Now, to figure out what I’m gonna wear… Aaack!

On Sunday my friend is coming over to cook. Which means I have to clean the house before I leave here tonight. Yesterday I started with the front of the fireplace. Would you believe I found an unregistered $35 Visa gift card in that mess? My husband got it at work for Christmas. I must have put it on the raised hearth to register and then it promptly got buried (magazines pile up quickly, as do books). So glad I found it before the expiration date.

Yep, that puppy is now registered and ready to spend. I’m thinking it’ll come in handy when we go up to Wisconsin later this month to buy our Kringles. The freezer is pretty much ready for them, too! J Don’t know what Kringles are? Here’s a picture.



Mmmmm… Kringles. Can’t wait!

We get ours at the O&H Bakery in Racine. We’ll actually be staying in Chicago for that weekend, but the detour home isn’t all that inconvenient. Not for those yummy goodies!

I just love the Backstreet Boys, but never really watched any of their videos before (it’s not like MTV actually shows music videos anymore, right?). The “Larger Than Life” video played on the big screen before the Dragons game on Monday. Thought since the new Star Trek movie was releasing today (which I won’t be able to see for awhile L), this would be a fun video to share. Sure, it looks more like Star Wars than Star Trek, but it’s all science fiction, right? Enjoy!



So… Which boy band from the 90s did you enjoy listening to? Ah, come on. There had to be one!

Have a great weekend! If I take any pictures today, I’ll be sure to post them on Monday.

Stacy

5 comments:

JeffO said...

You must REALLY like your Kringles if you're driving all the way to Wisconsin for them, because that looks like a pretty big drive!

The boy band craze totally passed me by--I don't even get a Nostalgia Kick from them. Have a great weekend!

Maria Zannini said...

I love it when I find lost money!

re: boy bands
I think they passed me up too. I kind of lost track of new music trends after the early 80s. I do like Adele and Lady Gaga but that's the extent of new music knowledge.

Stephanie Faris said...

Yay to book expos. I ONLY do panels now. It's SO much easier than not having all the pressure on you to give some kind of big speech.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Actually, we're spending the weekend (mini-vacation) in Chicago (found a really CHEAP place to stay). Kringles are a bonus!

Maria - I'm always listening to new music. Well... as long as it's alternative rock. I'm a big fan of that.

Stephanie - Yeah, panels aren't so bad. I can't imagine being up there all by my lonesome. Aaack!

The Happy Whisk said...

Wow, that's a good find to find. Enjoy your time and boogie boogie.