Monday, August 22, 2016

Smart-Me? Not so Much

Sometimes I think I’m smart, only to find out I’m not.

I wanted to watch the men’s volleyball bronze medal game (since the US was playing). Smart-me looked for it on line. Site said it started on Sunday at 9:30 am local time. Not-smart-me calculated that to mean 10:30 am EDT (I added instead of subtracted). After looking all over NBC for the game (they showed all the other volleyball games, so why not the bronze medal game???), I eventually found it on USA.

I was getting ready to leave for breakfast with Hubby, so smart-me turned on USA to set up to record. The game was already in progress. D’oh! (this is when I realized my time mistake). Okay, not a total loss. US was losing 2 sets to none, but anything could happen. Smart-me hit RECORD.

Now, if I were TRULY smart, I would have adjusted the end time, or recorded the show after. But not-smart-me didn’t do any of that. As the US won set 3, then set 4, I realized my recording time was running out. During the fifth set the recording stopped when the score reached 7-7.

Damn it!

I thought I was so smart. But there is no such thing when it comes to recording live events, huh? It was such a good game, too! I had to look up the score on line to see who won. I would have been happier to have SEEN us win, but I was still happy. Because at the beginning of the volleyball games, I wasn’t sure US would even MAKE the medal round!

Oh wait!! NBC showed the final set later on. I got to watch it. Yay! What a game. Did you see it?

Hey, if you’re on Facebook anytime this week, come on over to Sizzle and Sass and say hi. I’m hosting through the 27th (Saturday). Yeah, I thought this week would go back to normal, but I completely forgot about hosting S&S. At least that won’t be as time-consuming as the Olympics were.

So… Is there something you thought you were smart about only to find out you weren’t?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

 

5 comments:

JeffO said...

On at least two occasions I have leaned to stick my head out the car window while backing up, the better to see what was behind me, only to learn that the window was rolled up. Fortunately, I have cracked neither skull nor head.

Maria Zannini said...

I don't consider myself very bright with most things, but the nice things about making mistakes is that I only make them once. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - You got a chuckle out of me this morning. I could see me doing the same thing! :)

Maria - I try very hard not to repeat mistakes. But sometimes I make a mistake and do. Haha! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I would have been dumb about this, too - I thought Brazil was on EDT! Glad you still got to see the game. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Yeah, I'm glad I got to see the game, too. Dumb luck, I'm sure. Certainly wasn't from anything SMART I did! Haha!