Monday, August 21, 2017

Taking a Break

What with getting ready for Dragon Con (watching The Vampire Diaries), hosting Sizzle and Sass this week, and finishing my short story for my newsletter, I think it's in my best interest to take a blogging break.

Unless I finish reading the book I'm reading before Wednesday, in which case I'll post Wednesday Reads. Those are easy to write (and don't take all that much brain power).

Friday I leave for New Jersey so I can attend my family reunion on Saturday. Looking forward to that, although keeping up with the Sizzle and Sass page will be a little difficult. Must schedule some posts ahead of time (so glad I can do that!). 

Anyway, I'll be back. Just don't know when.

Eventually life will slow down. Right?

Happy Monday & Happy Eclipse Day!! Are you in the totality zone? I'm not. But I believe I will be in 2024. I should still be around then. :)


Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Sounds like a busy week! Family reunion--enjoy that!

We are not in the totality zone--we'll get somewhere around 65% here, which won't make much of a difference in the day, but a friend gave me a pair of glasses, so I don't have to monkey around with cereal boxes and other forms of pinhole projection. In 2024, the path of totality passes right over my brother's house, which is only about 3 hours away, so, I should be there! Enjoy your week.

By the way, I don't know about you, but my blog feed is pretty much non-functioning right now; how's yours?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I checked my stats this morning. They seem a little low, but then I think they're always low. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

We should have a pretty good view of the eclipse here - 89%, I think. Have fun at the con!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I don't plan on "viewing" the eclipse, since I don't have any glasses, but I am looking forward to how dark it'll get. And I'll be outside during it all! :)

Maria Zannini said...

Enjoy your break. We'll be here when you get back!

JeffO said...

Stacy--I meant my reading list. On my dashboard, the list of blogs I follow showed up on the right, but the middle was totally empty. It has since been fixed.

BTW, here in New York, where we had about 67% solar obscuration, got some nice looks courtesy of the glasses a friend gave me. Interesting stuff.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I'll still be checking out blogs. I just won't be writing any. Well...unless I finish that book before Tuesday night. :)

Jeff - I've noticed the list of blogs I follow doesn't always update. Frustrating. Oh, and I was able to see the eclipse in a way. The shadows on the ground were pretty cool!