Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pictures from RT

While at RT, I took some pictures.  Not many, though (this from someone who has a degree in photography).  I'm probably crazy to post some of these pictures - but what the heck!

This is me and Stacie (a classmate from RT and a follower of this blog) with a "Caveman" from Ellora's Cave.  Now, I must set the record straight.  I DID NOT put my hand on his leg.  HE put it there.









This was the scene as we stood in line for the Faery Ball.  You can see lots of people dressed in wings.  I was NOT one of them (I know, party pooper!).











This is a picture of the Book Fair (one-half of the room). It was a mad house, but I managed to purchase 8 books. Good thing I circled (on my list) which authors I wanted to visit. I would have been lost otherwise!
















I don't know if I'll make it to another RT convention.  Maybe if they weren't so darn expensive, but who knows.  I'll probably want to go to Los Angeles next year.  It'll give me an excuse to drive up to Santa Barbara to visit my parents!

4 comments:

Keri Stevens said...

Sure, Stacy. HE put the hand there ;)

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to RWA in Orlando.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Hey Keri!
That's my story & I'm stickin' to it.

I'd like to go to Nationals this year, but there's no way I can swing two conferences in one year. I don't have THAT much vacation (or money). So most likely I'll go to Nationals next year and forego RT.

Thanks for commenting!

Stacie VanE said...

Stacy! Why is my hand higher than yours? I thought about going to Orlando for about 30 minutes and realized that just wouldn't happen this year. I am definately going to NY next year though. I checked out the hotel, which is in Times Square. The price per night is about $350!!! They better have a helluva deal for us. We will have to find roommates for sure for that one!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Yeah, RWA will probably be way cheaper in Orlando this year than NYC will be next year. Like you, I hope they have a good deal, because I really want to go next year.