Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Are You Reading?

I have piles of books scattered all over the family room.

Really.

Piles.

As if it's not bad enough I continue to buy – I gotta have the latest from my favorite authors – I also have my daughter's library to contend with.

First there was Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. Not a fan of first person point of view, but I like these books. I'm waiting for my daughter to read the last two (three?), then she'll give them to me to read.

Next was Kerrelyn Sparks' Love at Stake series. I went through those faster (when is the next one coming out???). I just LOVE that series.

Now it's JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I'm not even finished with the first book and I'm hooked (and my daughter is super excited, too).

I keep looking at my piles of books and wonder when I'm going to ever get back to them. I have a feeling I'll be reading JR Ward for awhile.

And who are my favorite authors – books I buy and read as soon as they come out? Let's see:

Lynsay Sands (Argeneau Vampire series)
Meg Gardiner
Tess Gerritsen
Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse series)

So, do you have piles of books, too? How do you decide what to read next?

4 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I have three shelves of unread books, and they runneth over! Sometimes picking which to read next is easy, sometimes not - what, depends on my mood.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Hi Jenette!
I find it's easy when I'm reading a series - I grab the next one. But sometimes I want to spread the wealth and hunt through my stacks of books. The problem then is - I want to read them all! It can be so hard to choose.
Thanks for visiting!

Todd R Moody said...

Hi Stacy! I have my pile and then I have some of my wife's series that I read. I really like Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld books
http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/
and Jessica Andersen's Mayan Nightkeepers books. http://www.jessicaandersen.com/
You might them too. My favorites are still Sci Fi, I love Scott Card, CJ Cherryh and William Gibson. I just discovered China Mieville and am enjoying one of his books right now. I've also met a lot of new authors on Twitter that are publishing eBooks. it's all very exciting!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Hi Todd!
I have some of Kelley Armstrong's books. Got them at RT last year (free, of course), but have yet to get to them.

I always considered myself a reader, but in reality, I'm not. I've met readers. They can go through a book a day. I'm lucky to get through a book a week. Of course, I have an excuse now - I write. Basically adding a full-time, non-paying (for now) job to the full-time, paying job I have. One of these days I'll be able to drop the latter and then maybe I can read more! I hope so, because I don't see my piles dwindling.

Thanks for stopping by!