Monday, August 22, 2011

Eureka!

I wrote the back story to my female character and I think it worked. Now I just have to find time to write and not get sucked into the next book I'm reading (Book #5 of J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series). Yeah, like that's not going to happen!

So, that means setting some goals. I want to write, but I really want to read, too (and not just during lunch). Plus, I have other obligations (like a class I'm taking and time I spend with the family).

That means obligations first, then write until 10:00pm. I should be able to get at least an hour of writing (maybe more on those nights I don't have any obligations), which will give me at least an hour to read before heading for bed (provided I don't keep myself up longer because I want to read just "one more page"). Of course, if I'm engrossed in what I'm writing, I won't care about the book I'm reading. And I'm really hoping that happens, especially since I have a good handle on my character now.

It's hard when you're torn in so many pieces! Maybe it won't be so hard once I finish reading the series. But I'm sucked in now and there's no going back.

2 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Ah, those obligations, they're killers! My time management has been shot this past week or so because of obligations. Nothing major or life-changing, just stuff that needs to be done around the house, working with my daughter on driving, etc. Congrats on getting your character figured out - and good luck finding balance!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Jennette! The writing is coming along again. Slowly, but better than stopped.