Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nassau & Freeport

Don't let the picture fool you. It was windy in Nassau and the water was cold. But the temps were oh so comfortable – low to mid 80's. I don't swim, so it didn't really matter, but I do like to walk along the beach. I realized when we got there that I forgot to pack my water shoes (they would have made the stroll a little more comfortable). Actually, I think I forgot I owned them until I was on the beach! Oh well…

There were four ships docked – ours was the smallest (located on the far right, next to the Disney ship), so it was a bit crowded in town. We'd been there before, back in 2007, and took a Segway tour then, so we didn't bother with any excursion this time out. This whole trip was all about relaxing anyway, and we did that.

I'll say one thing – that Disney ship was huge. Unfortunately, too many youngins. I think that was probably the best part of our cruise was the low count of kids (off season is GREAT and cheaper!). I ran into a few kids who were just plain miserable and their parents didn't do anything to quiet them. Hello! You forced them on the cruise. They didn't ask to go. If you weren't going to ensure they had fun, then you should have left them home. Okay, I'm done ranting now (maybe).

We didn't see much of Freeport. Again, we played it cheap and relaxing. We would have walked to town or the beach, except they wouldn't let you (it was too far - 5 or 10 miles) so we stayed nearby where there were some shops. Actually, they were more like huts and they all pretty much sold the same stuff. I couldn't find any magnet that specifically said Freeport, so I didn’t get anything. Ah, but the weather was perfect (maybe a little windy) and there was only one other ship docked.

Tomorrow (hopefully), I'll show some pictures of Key West. But I will say this about our cruise – I did not gain any weight, even with the amount of food I ate. Stay away from the elevators and you can do it, too. Walk everywhere.

2 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

As I'm sitting here watching the fog freeze on the trees and vowing not to leave the house today, those pictures are just what I need. Sun, sand and palm trees. Ah. Thanks for sharing them. =o)

Stacy McKitrick said...

You're welcome, B.E. Glad to be of assistance!