Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Favorite Actors

Here's the first of my favorites list, and what better place to start than with my favorite actors. I even got pictures (yeah, baby).

When it comes to favorite things, I can't just list a definite number, like 5, 10, or 15. What if I don't have 15 favorites or I have more than 5? So each week I will list my favorites (of those I can remember – ha ha), and we'll see where it takes me.

These actors are in alphabetical order. There's no way I could list them from best to worst, because they're all different and I like them all (duh, or else they wouldn't be my favorites). And the main reason they are on my favorite list? I will pretty much watch anything they are in. Plain and simple, right?

George Clooney. I think I watched every television series he's ever been in before ER, but not because he was in it (more like dumb luck). It was ER where he hooked me. I would have gone to the theatre to watch The Descendants if I could get anyone to go with me. Guess I'll just have to get the DVD.

Sean Connery. Love his voice. He's not bad on the eyes, either. I am not a James Bond fan, so I've never seen any of those movies, but I wouldn't say no if someone offered now. He captured me long after he played on those.

Harrison Ford. Star Wars did it for me. And Indiana Jones? – oh yeah. And I may have never watched the rest of the Jack Ryan movies if he wasn't in it. (I watched The Hunt for Red October because of Sean Connery).

Cary Grant. He was born eight years before my grandmother, but that didn't matter. Man, he aged well! I still haven't seen all his movies, but I'm working on it. Some of my favorites, though: Arsenic and Old Lace (love his facial expressions!), Bringing Up Baby, and of course, An Affair to Remember. Heavy sigh.

Hugh Grant. It's hard to pinpoint what it is about this actor that captured my attention. I've just enjoyed every movie I've seen him in, even the first one I watched – Three Weddings and a Funeral (which was a strange one, to say the least). Maybe it's because he's done so many romantic comedies (and I eat those up). He makes me laugh, though, and that's always a big plus in anyone's column.

Tom Hanks. He hooked me in Bosom Buddies. Yeah, he's done some stupid movies, but he makes me laugh. "There's no crying in baseball!" is one of my most favorite lines!

Hugh Jackman. He was a bit hairy in The X-Men, but there was something about him that I liked. And once I saw him in Kate & Leopold (with Meg Ryan), I was sold. Ooo la la!

Alex O'Loughlin. The only reason he caught my eye was because of his uncanny resemblance to my character, Jack VanAllen (from MY SUNNY VAMPIRE – Book #3). Yep, Jack is a vampire. And yep, I realize Alex played one, too (in Moonlight). But Jack looks like Alex as Steve McGarrett on Hawaii Five-0, and that's when I "fell in love". Now I'll watch anything Alex is in. And if I knew anyone who has the Moonlight series on DVD, I'd watch it (even though I didn't like it when it first aired).

Wow – I got 8 (See? More than 5, less than 10). Lengthy blog for me – I don't usually go on this long (heck, maybe this favorite thing will work out after all!). Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did thinking of all these awesome guys!




6 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I love all your picks. I also love Russell Crowe, but it took me a long time to admit it.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

How whacked is it that I watch Hawaii-five-o for the CAR?? LOL! Oh yeah, the guys are cute, too, both Alex O'Laughlin and the blond guy who drives the car (don't even know his name LOL). Here's hoping you sell My Sunny Vampire soon so I can picture him in that role!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Anne - not a big Russell Crowe fan. Don't know why. Maybe it's because he's not really been in any movies that interested me to get hooked on him.

Jennette - That blond is James Caan's son (whose first name has escaped me). And yes, the car is pretty cool, too!

Maria Zannini said...

It took a long time for anyone to match Cary Grant's classic style. Clooney comes close. (Boy, I couldn't say those three words fast.)

LD Masterson said...

Two of my favorites all time favorites - Yul Brynner and Patrick Stewart. No, I don't have a thing for bald heads, I just think they were/are great actors.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Yep, "Clooney comes close" is quite a mouthful!

Linda - I liked Yul Brynner in The King and I, but never really saw him in anything else, well, except for Westworld, and then I didn't get to hear him talk that much - I really liked his voice.