Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Roundup

I kind of like that title – Friday Roundup. I can then kind of recap what I did during the week. That's if I did anything during the week. Usually I don't. So…maybe that won't work. Oh well, we'll see. Won't know unless I try, huh?

This week was interesting. Yeah, I still need to get my pictures of Pittsburgh up. But I've been busy. Really! Don't you believe me?

The holiday kind of skewered things for me, as I'm sure it did for you, too. Usually, my son will come over on Monday to watch a movie, but since it was a holiday, it was moved to Tuesday (which is usually my night to write). Not complaining! We're currently watching the Underworld movies. I've seen them before, but it had been awhile. I like those movies and my husband isn't interested, so it was a good choice until my husband is finished teaching Monday nights. He has two more. We have two more movies to see. Works out good!

I'm currently into season 3 of Supernatural. My daughter is a huge fan and has since converted me over. We only watch whenever my husband is teaching. Otherwise, we pick something we all want to watch. She's taken us through Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. Next, we're sharing Veronica Mars with her (she's never seen the series and we really liked it). That will occur in a couple of weeks. I think. My daughter says we'll be through season 3 before that occurs (it's her plan, anyway).

Normally, Thursdays are another free night for me (writing-wise), but not last night. As part of the Lori Foster Get-Together, Duffy Brown put on a Murder Mystery Dinner Party. It was the first time I've ever been to one of these. I had fun – even if the weather shooed us indoors (lightning isn't something to mess with). Of course, I had an hour drive home, and it was raining pretty good by then, but all in all, I'd say it was worth it. Never hurts to get to know more people.

Today starts the Lori Foster Get-Together. I will be pitching MY SUNNY VAMPIRE tonight. I got it all ready to go, too. Am I nervous? Not really. Well, not right now. I'm sure that will all change when 7:50pm rolls around. But I'm ready, so that helps.

And I have my business cards and even my query for GHOSTLY LIAISON on hand (because you never know). I'm trying to be more prepared this time around than I was last year.

The heat has gone away for now (kind of cold and rainy today) and the weekend looks to be pretty decent. I hope it's good where you're at, too. If you'll be at Lori Fosters Get-Together, let me know! I'll try and track you down.


6 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I'll be at the Readers and Authors Get Together! Good luck with your pitch!

DL Hammons said...

Good luck with the pitch!! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Definitely will hunt you down. Gotta find out when I can buy your book!

DL - Thanks! I need all the luck I can get!

LD Masterson said...

Break a pencil.

(You know, that's like "break a leg" but for writers.)

Maria Zannini said...

Good hunting at the conference. I'm glad you've got your business cards this time.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - That's a good one! Must have worked. They asked for the whole book. Yep, I'm grinnin'!

Maria - I'm real glad I have those business cards, too. They're coming in handy!